'Alien' Ripley's Flight Suit and her Flamethrower.

This is the classic AWESOME thread!!!

Thank you so much!

;)

That came out awesome!

I wore those CVC overalls for many years as a tanker. Is the trap door still functional?

Thank you so much, gunnerk19-san
And thanks for asking.
Trap door you mean is the bottom flap vent of the overall suit? Sure, it's still there. May I ask is that convenient for the moment of the nature calls?
qy2yrJz.jpg

I thought the bottom hatch of the tank is also called as trap door. Is that for a escape? But I guess it's also good for the moment of nature calls. Does M-1 Abrams has that door? I'm always amazed by that tank. It's almost 40 years since it had developed and still it is on the top of the world with its legendary stories.

I love those military clothing and I often go to the military wear shops in Tokyo. Especially, I like those US military clothing. It's very cool and well designed for each purpose and function. Recently, my wife bought the Condor Summit Tactical Soft shell Jacket. It's so light and good for the cold weather. She loves it very much because she doesn't have to carry her handbag because she can carry every personal effects with this jacket including her large i-pad(it has a large back pocket). She is wearing it when she go to work everyday.
602_002F_2015_v2_Custom__49156.1525790797.328.245.png

katsu

Attachments

• qy2yrJz.jpg
    qy2yrJz.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 68
Yep, the trap door was specifically for "nature calls" without having to pull the coveralls down to the ankles.

The M1 Driver's compartment doesn't have an escape hatch, that design feature ended with the M60 series of tanks.

Congrats on a suit done "quick and dirty":D(y)...while the Magnoli one is a good start, a few details could've made that suit looking like an original: applied 2 big zippers at the back and thinner para-cord. Apart from that, a great effort from Magnoli!
Loved the flamethrower also;)

Yep, the trap door was specifically for "nature calls" without having to pull the coveralls down to the ankles.

The M1 Driver's compartment doesn't have an escape hatch, that design feature ended with the M60 series of tanks.

Thank you for the information.
There are limited number of people who are chosen and trained to handle the great machine.
The training must be hard but I thought I wish if I could be the one.

Congrats on a suit done "quick and dirty":D(y)...while the Magnoli one is a good start, a few details could've made that suit looking like an original: applied 2 big zippers at the back and thinner para-cord. Apart from that, a great effort from Magnoli!
Loved the flamethrower also;)

Thanks for the kind comment, joberg-san.
Awww, but yeah, that should be a para-code that what I should have looking for.:D.
joberg-san, help me please, what is Magnoli. Once I've seen a movie 'Magnolia' which Tom Cruise appeared. That was almost twenty years ago.
But I still cant figure out the meaning of the word Magnolia. I know it's the name of the certain flower but..... It's the big mystery in me.

katsu

Great thread. Looks like you have a wonderful family. Thank you for sharing all that fun with us!! :) That costume and flamethrower look fantastic.

Magnoli is one of our member here and is reproducing mostly costumes, glass frames, etc...very cool guy, check his website;)

Magnoli is one of our member here and is reproducing mostly costumes, glass frames, etc...very cool guy, check his website;)

OMG! I should have known that.
Searcher-san told me in this thread before. I thought that the site of major retailer.
I shame of it. Sorry for my carelessness.

Thank you very much, Joberg-san and sorry and thank you so much again Searcher-san.

katsu

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back