Kit Parts ID help - Alien Nostromo Flamethrower

I've now ID'ed nearly every thing i'm looking for. I'm exc.luding the probe section. Some of them I spotted from kits already identified. If anyone wants an updated part map, let me know.. They are virtually all from Martin Bower's near mythical Narcissus kit collection.

Here are the parts I'm still haven't found:

View attachment 1642533

From the other side:

View attachment 1642534

This part (or two parts) are mounted on half a Triang Pier riser, two complete ones are mounted further back. Looks kinda like some kind of snap-lock part.
I've been working on a child size flame thrower when I figured out the source of the front part and I feel like silly goose for not realizing it earlier.

It's made of 2 triang pier riser tops, flipped over and cut in half. I recently got a big bag of triang pier riser parts(the bases, the riser pieces and the tops) it wasn't until I spilled the bag of "useless" riser parts that I realize the necessary pieces have been sitting on my workshop for weeks.

I'm not sure what the circular part is because it's something separate. But here is a picture of the riser tops.

Also, do we know what the ridges are that look like brass? They look like spacers from a brass stencil set but I could be completely wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 12
The red one is very likely a 0.38 liter 200 bar steel cylinder from a Fenzy bouyancy compensator vest, the white one looks similar. In the seventies and eighties these were used a lot, they were filled with air from regular scuba tanks.
The tanks definitely seem to be fenzy bouyancy tanks. I bought one on a whim because I was hoping it was the right size and seems like it's exact.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 23
I've been working on a child size flame thrower when I figured out the source of the front part and I feel like silly goose for not realizing it earlier.

It's made of 2 triang pier riser tops, flipped over and cut in half. I recently got a big bag of triang pier riser parts(the bases, the riser pieces and the tops) it wasn't until I spilled the bag of "useless" riser parts that I realize the necessary pieces have been sitting on my workshop for weeks.

I'm not sure what the circular part is because it's something separate. But here is a picture of the riser tops.

Also, do we know what the ridges are that look like brass? They look like spacers from a brass stencil set but I could be completely wrong.

I actually figured that out back when this thread was active, after turning one upside down that I got with another triang part! I think there were a few other bits and bobs that I found and didn't get around to detailing here. I've got all of the kits now, but I took a year off from building to do other things. A build is definately on the cards for this year :)

I actually figured that out back when this thread was active, after turning one upside down that I got with another triang part! I think there were a few other bits and bobs that I found and didn't get around to detailing here. I've got all of the kits now, but I took a year off from building to do other things. A build is definately on the cards for this year :)
I'm happy I found this thread. Everyone sourcing this stuff is incredibly helpful. I can't wait to see your build if you post it.

My child sized flame thrower is a project for a xenomorph related toy I'm making but basically a test run for the full sized version I'm hoping to work on later this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 19

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back