Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Octipig

This might be better placed in a bladerunner thread, but I'm posting it here as this is pretty much the only thread I contribute to. I was watching Bladerunner last night and noticed Byrant wearing a double headed watch, much like those the Nostromo crew wear. I'm sure I'm not the first to spot this. So as a sci-fi geek, as well as a wristwatch geek, anybody know which wristwatch this was made from?

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 11.32.53 PM.png

ID10T

Sr Member
Look to be cheap "gold-tone" LED watches. Try searching Micronta* watch and see what shakes out.

I have another brand one, and the large button was used to illuminate the display (light up the numerals), because leaving red LEDs running 24-7 would kill the battery in a day (maybe less). Mine uses two batteries, and they last a year if worn infrequently...

*This was a Radio Shack brand and would have been quite cheap at the time of filming I think...

HarryRenkwist

Hi all. This is my very first post. Been lurking for a few months following Adam Savage/Adam Ezekiel igniting my passion for the Nostromo crew uniform. Mainly the shirt which I’m very close to completing and will post photos of how it turns out in due course. However, I was in a local supermarket (Asda in UK) and could not believe my eyes when I saw these little beauties! Thought I’d share incase there’s anyone needing a good enough solution other than the expensive PF flyers! That is all! Hope this helps someone, even a little bit! If so, then that’s ace considering how much the amazing people of the RPF (even just this thread) have helped me!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.