ALIEN HELMET 3D PRINTED

Corellia Creations has access to printers large enough to print the helmet in one piece. And not sure what you mean by crunchy? all the details on the helmet came out very clean
When you say tweeked, do you mean you tweeked it or the OP tweeked the model file?
What was tweeked?

Oh and I'm afraid to ask the price of printing such a large piece, could you give us a estimate?

Cheers

Chris

When you say tweeked, do you mean you tweeked it or the OP tweeked the model file?
What was tweeked?

Oh and I'm afraid to ask the price of printing such a large piece, could you give us a estimate?

Cheers

Chris
I took his model that I purchased from etsy and retopologized the entire outside main shell so it could be around 1/8" thick throughout the whole helmet, adjusted the bands under the helmet to be less pronounced, re-did the trim around the helmet, imported and curved all the etchings and attached all the greeblies to the model for printing. I sent him an updated zbrush model if he wanted to do anything with it, but as far as I'm concerned, my tweaked model isn't mine to give or sell away because it's all based off his work. The cost of the print was around $350 but shipping was just as much as the print itself. To get a paint ready print of this for under $800 seemed worth it to me

I took his model that I purchased from etsy and retopologized the entire outside main shell so it could be around 1/8" thick throughout the whole helmet, adjusted the bands under the helmet to be less pronounced, re-did the trim around the helmet, imported and curved all the etchings and attached all the greeblies to the model for printing. I sent him an updated zbrush model if he wanted to do anything with it, but as far as I'm concerned, my tweaked model isn't mine to give or sell away because it's all based off his work. The cost of the print was around $350 but shipping was just as much as the print itself. To get a paint ready print of this for under $800 seemed worth it to me
You did an amazing job, well outside my capacity to tweek stuff like that.

Thanks for your concise reply, much appreciated.

Zorg

Just wanted to share my appreciation for the hard work and modeling GEEK1138 did on this and i'm glad to say i have one of these helmets now

Attachments

• 20220610_132645.jpg
    20220610_132645.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
  • 20220610_133122.jpg
    20220610_133122.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 273
  • 20220610_134220.jpg
    20220610_134220.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 273
  • 20220610_134241.jpg
    20220610_134241.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 277
Just discovered this. What a great thread. Just goes to show what's great about this group, the sharing of info to help each other out. It's a shame everyone's not so forthcoming with thier help/info.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back