Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .Youtube links added last post.

Re: Aliens Enviromental Suit Progress pics.

A couple more Front box pics. About 2 more detaisl, add the back and belt and this one is done.

Lower details:

AESfrontbox2.jpg

Side details:

AESfrontbox1.jpg

Sides details:

AESfrontbox3.jpg

Front shot:

AESfrontbox4.jpg

Thanks

Richie

Dang! Nice details Richie! Coming along very nicely! thanks for sharing!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Always liked this suit! Will keep watching for progress pix! Great work!

This front box is vacuformed with resin details. I have 2 done in fiberglass. I plan to do a very LIMITED run of fiberglass sets due to the work involved. Ill have some new helmet pics to post in the next couple of days. Steves been working hard on the helmet but were rethinking a few diminsions currently so we may do a bit of mods..so dont be too judgmental just yet.
Thanks for the polite comments. Lots left to do. Ill get back to everyones PMs asap.
Were scrounging aroudn for the correct costume details such as the shoulder pads and gloves. Ive picked up all the gloves I need but still searching for several sets of shoulder pads.

Richie

I can't wait to see more details of this one.

Quick question - what diameter hemisphere did you model the helmet around? I've never been able to work out what size was used... d'oh!

Tony

Ok heres the latest pic from Steve on the helmet. The dimiensions ares still up in the air for now.

AEShelmet3.jpg

Richie

Richie looking good Bro. The helmet is coming along. However like Richie said I have to start over on it. The 18"diameter dome is to big. So we are working with a few smarter people than me to get it right. We have been very lucky in the fact one of the original makers is giving us pointers and big THANKS to Harry H. who has been outstanding.

Oh this is so much fun.

We will keep you all posted
Best
Steve

Well after a bit of some back stepping I have a few more pics. Weve redone the entire chest armor setup to be more screen accurate. We initially used the Kane suit on display at Prop Store of London...well seems the chest armor of which we have incredible shots is WAYYYYYYYYY inaccurate. So after a redo of the molds I now have a new Screen accuate set of armor to show off.

phase2armor.jpg

And a couple pics of the laser cut chest "Eagle" and greeblie.

armordetails1.jpg

armordetails2.jpg

Sorry the pics arent better..just using my cell phone.

Thanks for looking.

Richie

Hi Guys,

Didn't see this earlier. Here are some photo's of the kid's suit.

Hope these can help.

HMS Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41111968@N00/sets/72157603574286453/

Those photos are great. Can I ask where that was taken? Also looks like the standard default hockey gloves are used again. Very cool, and great color marker ID card placed next to some of the items. Very cool Mike, thanks :thumbsup

Those photos are great. Can I ask where that was taken? Also looks like the standard default hockey gloves are used again. Very cool, and great color marker ID card placed next to some of the items. Very cool Mike, thanks :thumbsup

Looks like they were taken when the suit was up for auction at Profiles In History back in April '07. Fantastic images, thanks for posting. :)

Last edited:

My catalog here for Profiles 21, April 2005, lists a reduced scale suit supposedly worn by Ridley Scott's son.

I'd urge caution in studying details of these auctioned childrens' suits
in the hopes of applying them to replica adult suits, for the following reasons:

- who can say if the Profiles childrens suit is authentic

- even if it is authentic, the children's suits were reduced-scale, simplified copies of the primary adult suits. Details and proportions have been changed.

With all that in mind, here are some more pics of the Profiles child's suit

profiles21scottlambertfpd4.jpg

profiles21scottlambertrmu1.jpg

Childs' suits on the set.

childsuitsii4.jpg

Childs' helmet compared with adult helmet.

childvsadulthelmetsnq3.jpg

If you look at my first post. I copied the PSOL set as closely as possible then compare to the recent posted pics and Karls pics above you can see theres a drastic difference. Now that Ive studied the film armor more its completely different.

Richie

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back