Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .Youtube links added last post.

Re: Aliens Enviromental Suit Progress pics.

Really great to see someone take on Moebius' suits!
Nice work so far.

Have you purchased your Cricket pads yet?

Interested in helmet, as I doubt I have the $$$$ for the full suit, let alone a place to display a whole suite.

We havent found any evidence that they actually were cricket pads used for the legs. No evidence that the undersuits werent scrtach built. Not saying those items werent used but we cant find a match anywhere...yet.

Richie

I'd be willing to bet you've already seen this pic but just in case you haven't I'll post it up for you.
Can't wait to see this one done. Always liked these suits.
303929447_0e93b032d0_o.jpg

what model hockey gloves are those used for the suit?

I'm up here in Canada and if you need and help locating more let me know as well as any other hockey gear that may have been used.... i think i see white shoulder pad parts(the laced up thing on the chest)

a lot of used equipment and thrift stores!:thumbsup

If you would like to PM me, I can give you the details of a guy you might like to chat too.
I did a modelmaking course in the UK and my tutor was the modelmaker who worked on the original helmets. (he said).

Dan

The hockey gloves are Coopers. There are at least 2 versions in the film not including the kids. Dallas's have 2 seams running from fingers to wrist that are absent on Kanes..not sure about Lamberts.

The kids sized are different but I havent studied them quite yet.

The shoudler pads are Vintage coopers as well. I need about 10 sets of adult L or XL if you can come across these.

Thanks for the pic. Thats the initial costume that were using for refence material. Ea. suit has a few indiosyncracies so we may or may not copy ea. suit but may make a general costume based on our best reference material.

Thanks

Richie

Just so you know (in case you didn't) the wrist comms on that Hurt suit are repros.

You should probably look at actual movie stills for boot reference as well.

Thats interesting because we there seems to be many differences in the boot pics.

Im using screen pics on the compads.

Thanks

Richie

Got a little done today.

First Front box. Still missing some details. I also have some tweaks to do on the size ..this will be addressed in any further peices.

AESbox2.jpg

AESbox1.jpg

First rubber wrist band. I may make some changes to this as well but man this was a lot of work!!!

rubberwristband.jpg

Richie

Man, what an awesome project!! The progress is looking amazing so far.
Are you planning to offer an entire suit? The soft parts as well as the armored areas and helmet?
I love the patina finish as well. Looks great!

Man..if I dont get a break at work ..weve flown 12 straight hours! People, stop hurting yourself!! Im ehausted now! I m gonna need a vacation just to get thru the front box....

We plan on doing 3 full sets of the costume and then well see what we can offer of the hard items. Darthwalls is helping with the undersuits. He just finished his Space 1999 suit of which we helped with the helmet etc. If you would like to contact him later about soft items hes a member here.

Thanks

Richie

Very nice work so far! I have always loved the envirosuits and am very happy to see someone replicating one. Good show :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back