ALIEN Ellen Ripley Costume Tutorial (Flight Suit, Shirt & EVA Flamethrower)

Re: ALIEN Ellen Ripley Costume Tutorial (Flight Suit & Shirt)

day 5 (19/8/2015)

2RnWNCP.jpg EuAQqvy.jpg 5n5Fkjv.jpg PpfW8ht.jpg jhvVCz4.jpg 6w3safL.jpg noRP1AS.jpg ip9LuHU.jpg QhjeQej.jpg WNGjfeI.jpg NKjCb0X.jpg oFlvfS7.jpg DG1Rt24.jpg qm4XERn.jpg j3ThCpm.jpg EN2qu3r.jpg 7uA81gl.jpg 5ljrZ0w.jpg sDDroTf.jpg 5L5vtAQ.jpg PASq9hS.jpg hx4piiA.jpg bntdOFn.jpg yTBlyHb.jpg

Re: ALIEN Ellen Ripley Flight Suit: 90% DYE HELP?

WetCelery, Bravo on doin' Ripley//ALIEN correct! Uh, maybe I missed it in the article, but where did you purchase the Casios from? I am envious...even though Brett didn't wear one in the film....then again he couldn't guesstimate 25 hours from 17 hours.....

WetCelery, Bravo on doin' Ripley//ALIEN correct! Uh, maybe I missed it in the article, but where did you purchase the Casios from? I am envious...even though Brett didn't wear one in the film....then again he couldn't guesstimate 25 hours from 17 hours.....

Thank you! I'm super pleased to hear you think my homemade attempt is relatively correct to the film! Here is my post about the watch. Just because Brett didn't wear one, doesn't mean you can't... ;)

nice job, I see you did your research as far as pics, profiles, etc. love the group shot too

Thanks for your compliment!

Oh, it hasn't reached over 10,000 views – it's earned them.

I second that. Whenever I'm considering my next step for my Alien: Isolation costume, I always include a quick browse through!

As a matter of fact, I'm considering a suitable watch. I have myself a cheap Casio (one of the early 90s "Illuminator" models).

I love this watch, as I had exactly the same one when they were retailing the first time round! Because of this, I won't be doing any major modding to the watch, but I do intend to build an orange back panel and sort a black velcro strap. I have quite skinny wrists, so I'm content with the single watch unit :D

Is the orange panel rigid? That would be a lot more straightforward to replicate (either 3d printed, or taking a mould from a scratch-built master), but I have a feeling a soft rubber back would be pretty cool...

Re: ALIEN Ellen Ripley Costume Tutorial (Flight Suit & Shirt)

NOSTROMO SHIRT

I think I’m hooked on the costume-making bug. Now that I’ve got the flight suit done, just having a green t-shirt underneath wasn’t enough. I wanted to make the shirt too. And sure enough, there is an abundance of resources on how to make your own online, much of which were generously shared here on RPF (see the main Aliens/Nostromo Uniform thread and SSGT Kitten's one). Like the flight suit, I will use this thread as a means of documenting my process, so that hopefully, it may help other newbies like me or just act as a possible source of reference.

INDEX
1. References
i. Film Sources
ii. Personal Notes
2. Patches
3. Base

i. Clean Slate
4. Sleeves
5. Pockets
i. Body
ii. Flap
6. Piping
i. Flap Piping
ii. Collar Piping
7. Epaulettes
8. Extras
i. Pen Holder
ii. Name Badge & Rectangles
iii. Finishing Off
9. Comparison
10. Summary
Thank you for this index, you're amazing!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back