Interest Akira Manga Red Jacket & Pants!

Jameel Ur

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

Who would be interested to get Akira's iconic Red Jacket & pants?
I'm seeing interest, if get enough interest,I'll develop the sample.

Thanks,
Jameel Ur
images (1).jpeg

That would be amazing. I've done a lot of searching for a good replica of the jacket, but all of the online companies that offer them get the details wrong. Yeah they have a red jacket with the pill and words on the back, but it never quite looks right. If you can nail it, I'd be in for a set.

That would be amazing. I've done a lot of searching for a good replica of the jacket, but all of the online companies that offer them get the details wrong. Yeah they have a red jacket with the pill and words on the back, but it never quite looks right. If you can nail it, I'd be in for a set.
I hope I'll develop this suit as per his costumes, and you guys love it.
what Red color should be? any suggestions?

I hope I'll develop this suit as per his costumes, and you guys love it.
what Red color should be? any suggestions?
Glad I found this thread! Do you have any samples of reds that we can look at. I think the relation to each other is more important than matching any one specific red hue.
Also what’s the thoughts on red denim pants with leather knee patches.

I was wondering producing leather pants instead denim pants.
However, it's possible to develop a denim pants with leather jacket.
I'll share red color options soon.

Thanks.

I personally would prefer leather pants.

In the movie, were the pants specifically referenced as denim? or is that head canon? I think a full leather outfit is the way to go. Makes sense as he's a motorcycle guy.

Jameel, any chance you will do the boots too? Would love to be able to get the entire outfit from one supplier.

I'm still looking a master who can make boots as per screen but I haven't found anyone yet.
IMO, leather pants would be nice.
I'm thinking back logo should be printing instead embroidery.
What do you think guys?
I like these red color option,
Red color option.jpg

I personally would prefer leather pants.

In the movie, were the pants specifically referenced as denim? or is that head canon? I think a full leather outfit is the way to go. Makes sense as he's a motorcycle guy.

Jameel, any chance you will do the boots too? Would love to be able to get the entire outfit from one supplier.
Probably head cannon, I was just thinking that the shirt underneath the jacket and the pants being similar shade, might be similar materials, and the darker reds on the knees and the jacket being leather.

After looking at some reference though, I think I’m on the all leather side. Jameel Ur if you need reference besides artwork, I’d look at this figure on Sideshow’s site.

As far as printing goes, I’d like to avoid that. I think the pill should be stitched on leather appliqué and the letters should be embroidered. Printing often doesn’t screams good quality in my opinion.

The colors are wrong, but I think this application of the pill is not bad.
IMG_5592.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind whipping up some graphics for this project, I just need some free time. Anyways, here is a starting point for the pill colors, I’ve seen many variants but I like these and they are pretty close to the figures
IMG_5598.png

Most important for me is not the color but the question about real protection for using it as motorcycle clothing. Is this possible?

It would be soooo cool.

Yes, this is possible.
We'll add armor on back,shoulder, elbow and knee pads.
However, we aren't certified armor jacket maker.
so those won't be CE approved armor but definitely gives you extra cushion to save you.
We used some good rubber armors as you can see in below image.

Thanks
037d88761f66629abdf2c9554d798f4d.jpg

Really cool but definitely not a fan of the scrunched waistband part, also leather looks kinda thin, I feel like it should be thicker/stiffer. My dream jacket would be a life size version of the Medicom figure I linked in the earlier post.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back