Airwolf - Marella's jumpsuit

Ttaskmaster

Heya,

Here's one for you - Does anyone know the brand of clothing that made Marella's white jumpsuit in Airwolf?

I don't know if it's a modded item or an existing thing, but it's very, very 80s. She wears it in several episodes of Season 1 (and possibly later, but I haven't re-watched them yet).
It had sort-of cap sleeves and these buckled shoulder straps.

1110.jpg

Anyone recognise it?

looks like a flight suit to me. The pockets on the lower legs, the side of the sleeves, and the two diagonal ones on the chest are dead give-a-ways. Its either that, or a jumpsuit pattern made to look like one. My .02 cents.

Knowing flight suits pretty well after 20 years as US Navy rigger, that was probably an "in-house" job. If they spent as much time on the pilot ones as they did. then this one would been even easier... Find you some good photos and a tailor if your serious about doing it... :thumbsup

This was the only screenshot I could find.

I'm thinking it's more a fashion item.
The shoulder caps don't look functional enough to be a real flightsuit, the material looks kinda thin (plus, wo wold ever have a white flightsuit) and the pockets all look a bit High-Streety to be military.

Make sense?

Really?
Marella's and Archangel's other outfits all look like standard commercially available clothing. I can understand String and Dom's flightsuits, but I can't see a bespoke jumpsuit being done for just a few random scenes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back