Airbrushes and airbrush paint

I got a nice starter airbrush kit off ebay for about $90 including shipping. It came with the airbrush, compressor, hoses and mixture jar. I haven't had many problems out of it yet so I think it was a good buy. And I use what everyone else uses paint wise (createx, prosaide and permawet).

Check around ebay for "airbrush kits".

My father was one of those guys who always bought the cheap version first and ended up buying things twice. Now, I'm not saying go to the high-end, but in the long run it is usually cheaper to save up and buy something of higher quality from the onset.

Here's the Airbrush Action 2010 Buyer's Guide. If nothing else, at least you'll feel somewhat better educated, LOL...

I've read some good reviews of the Badger Renegade Velocity, though I'm leaning towards the Iwata High Performance Plus HP-C Plus.

Good luck and be sure to post what you find!

agree 100% with darth its the best option to save up and get the best one for the job cheap will not do
I have a paasche VL double action and its the best I however really want to get an iwata they are the best but the paasche still is a very good airbrush
love it XD and I have been using createx paint I'am very happy with the stuff its really good paint and value for money :lol:

My reason for getting a cheap airbrush is because I have never done it before. No sense dropping big bucks to find out that I suck at it.

I have a Badger 350 airbrush, which isn't really high-end, but it's been doing the job faithfully for me for several years now. I bought it because it was recommended for latex mask paint, which is thicker than your regular airbrush paint. Being a single-action, external-mix brush, it's less likely to clog, though I still have to clean it every so often. You can also get fine, medium, and heavy spray needles, so you can work to the level of detail you need.

thanks for all the help guys right now im reading that guide that darth pinhead put up and ill let ya know what i plan on buying here in the near future. thanks again

I have a Badger 350 airbrush, which isn't really high-end, but it's been doing the job faithfully for me for several years now. I bought it because it was recommended for latex mask paint, which is thicker than your regular airbrush paint. Being a single-action, external-mix brush, it's less likely to clog, though I still have to clean it every so often. You can also get fine, medium, and heavy spray needles, so you can work to the level of detail you need.

I agree with Elkman's response ^ I bought a Paasche H model, which is similar in ranking to the Badger 350, and it is working great. Monster Makers recommended the B350 or P-H to work with their latex paints, I got the complete P-H kit because that is what was available at Hobby Lobby. Sign up for Hobby Lobby and Michael's e-mail alerts and you receive 40% and 50% off coupons. My P-H kit was only $57 with the coupon :lol:

Welcome to the lair!

You can get a brand new, out of the factory sealed box Badger Velocity Airbrush off of eBay, for around $120. I'm planning on sinvesting in one relatively shortly. The only other airbrush I have, and have ever owned, is the Badger Sotar. And I really recommend it because it's both a VERY functional, fantastic airbrush that does great detail work, but it's versatile enough to do basecoat work. On top of everything, it's extremely easy to maintain and VERY easy to clean, which is a huge deal for me. Using a siphon feed is really aggrevating for me, because I hate cleaning everything when I have to do a color change. Gravity feed is so convenient. And all of the great points for the Sotar 20/20, are apparently relevant when you talk about the Velocity. How can you go wrong?!

Anyway, you've come to the right place. I'm hardly an expert at airbrushing and have very little experience with many models, but there are tons of fellas who are super helpful and really experienced.

You can get a brand new, out of the factory sealed box Badger Velocity Airbrush off of eBay, for around $120. I'm planning on sinvesting in one relatively shortly.

Check the link in my previous post; hopefully, even with shipping, it will save you some cash ($75 and 10% off with coupon code)...

Thats the same one I got off ebay Blasturbator, same price too. Although my airbrush is gravity fed instead of suction. I'm pleased with it. It's very good for a starter kit.

Thats excellent guys!

Maybe you can help ;)

What type of paints do you use? If I were to paint up a skin suit... what paints, etc... can I use?

I wanted to ask, what's the difference in gravity versus ... i guess air compressor?

hey jax are you talking about the brushes? the air compressor is what is used to supply the air to make the airbrush work. gravity is a type of airbrush. can you give us a lil more to work with your question im a little confused?

hey jax are you talking about the brushes? the air compressor is what is used to supply the air to make the airbrush work. gravity is a type of airbrush. can you give us a lil more to work with your question im a little confused?

Well, being a total NOOB... I guess I though that 'gravity' was a type/version of an airbrush.

I wasn't sure what the difference was considering that's the first time I heard the term 'gravity' on an Airbrush thread..

Well, being a total NOOB... I guess I though that 'gravity' was a type/version of an airbrush.

I wasn't sure what the difference was considering that's the first time I heard the term 'gravity' on an Airbrush thread..

Hey bro im a noob about this stuff as well but what ive gleamed from all the threads and sites ive read through, gravity feed brushes are your top and side feed brushes that use gravity to pull the paint into the brush where as a bottom feed brush siphons the paint using the air from the compressor up into the brush. hopes this helped. karl :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back