Airbrush Help

dogsoldier666

i just started my suit by beginning ordering the resin and latex I'm going with the pepakura for the armor, canon and gauntlets but I have no idea what airbrush I should use but being a noob I was going to get the 50 dollar airbrush kit at the local Walmart if some one can help me would appreciate it

with airbrushing the cheaper you go don't expect great things. airbrushing is more of a investment. you can always find great deals if you look for htem.

thanks for the advise i'm very new to airbrushing so i was get cheap kit to learn with before getting a better one does that sound like a good idea

It also depends what material you are running through your airbrush. For Silicone paints, Rubber Cement Paints, Latex (which does not airbrush well), Baldies, and PAX (which airbrushes moderately well), an external mix brush works better. Something like a Paasche H. Internal Dual Action brushes just seem to clog more easily with these paints. For Alcohol Make-up, like Skin Illustrator, or acrylic inks, like FW or Badger, a dual action internal mix is my preference, something like an Iwata HPCS.

For your starter airbrush - go cheap - its easy to damage the more delicate airburshes. Go with a starter Iwata, Pasche or some basic 'kit' or ' airbursh T-shirt kit."

just a suggestion - try to find a cheap (used is ok) air compressor and don't use canned air - that runs out too fast when you're new- You'll want to practiec a lot as well - develop you skills on other things.

- make sure no matter what you do on yoru first practice run that you properly clean your airbrush afterwards - get all that paint off of it so parts don't fuse. As you get good you'll become comfortable enough to break it all down - whipe parts and so on.

Just stay with the cheap brush for your first attempts - that way if you crack a cone or ruin needles or clog stuff or heck drop the damn thing off o a worktable - you'll not be out an expensive tool Later when you've spent a long time with your bursh and iyou find its limiting you - move up to a better one.

I still have my starter brushers that can pump heavy paints - and occasionally I still use em. So starter brushes never go to waste they just get moved down to the bottom of the tool box

iwata revolution, double action for detail, and a single action paasche for larger areas, this is what i use for my scale cars

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back