YinKoi

Greetings! I'm new to the forums thing, so apologies if my formatting is incorrect. But here is something I'd like to share!

I'm definitely on the younger side, being born a 2000s kid, but I have been a matrix fan for years. The first film was a major influence on my mindset and approach to life growing up. And it absolutely was one of the biggest influences on my fashion sense and music taste. (the whole thing of all black clothes and leather/wool coats paired with skinny sunglasses while listening to rock, metal, and grungy electronic) One of the things I have always wanted was my own pair of matrix glasses. Most of the eyewear in the series are iconic in their own way, but the ones that stuck with me the most were the glasses that the agents wore. Particularly the one's from the first film.

Early on, I'd look for dark rectangular glasses in my local mall. They were pretty alright, but it didn't exactly capture the look of the agents' glasses.
(I still use these years later haha)
IMG_20240103_223124.jpg

After a while, I tried to look online if there were any close matches, but unfortunately, I couldn't find any good ones. But then I saw the post on this forum about the Matrix 1 Neo glasses, so then I decided to try making them myself. I first started with cheap rimless glasses frames and some cheap thin lenses and these were the results;

Prototype 1:
IMG_20230124_135414 (1).jpg

Prototype 2:
agent-sunglasses-replica-v2-v0-ev42y4jindja1.jpg

Despite the price of the frames, the quality was actually pretty sturdy. The lenses however, weren't that great. The visual clarity was pretty bad and the shape wasn't quite right. So I tried again with better lenses. Fortunately, I had plenty of references to use. Using screenshots from the 4k release, Andrew Neis Stunts' collection video, and the prop auction photos, I was able to get a lens shape that was much closer to the one in the film.

IMG_20230809_102326.jpg

Photo for comparison:
Agent1Comp1.jpg

I also tried it with thicker frames to make it look like the Blinde "Cube" that the agents' eyewear were based on.
IMG_20230321_200318.jpg

_DSC1088a.jpg

And for probably the most accurate one I could make, I decided to shape and customize the frames myself, as well as redo the lens shape.
IMG_20240103_233043.jpg
IMG_20240103_233225.jpg

Finally, here are the results:
AGENT_AD.jpg

_DSC5358.jpg

_DSC5363.jpg

For comparison:
Screenshot (297).png

Screenshot (296).png

Screenshot (316).png

Screenshot (315).png

Screenshot (312).png

Thoughts, comments, and reactions are welcomed!

Attachments

• Agent1b.jpg
    Agent1b.jpg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 243
  • AGENT_AD.png
    AGENT_AD.png
    9.3 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back