Advice sought, anyone in contact with REL aka Richard Long

No. I'm sure with all these higher amounts of money that it's going to take a while. Publishing a schedule would help us all to know what's up. I wish Richard would do that next time he checks in. I'll ask the guy over on RI what the status of his refund is, since it was in progress.

I just caught wind of this, nobody more than me would like to get paid back. I'm not holding my breath.

First thing I wanted to do was thank all those who read my blog. I wanted to shed light on the situation, and try to get it out of my system. I never knew how many people he wronged, it was quite an eye opener.

Something Richard would do was say what people wanted to hear. I was promised one every kit he made(up to the SS K'Tinga). Very little ever showed up. I realized that was something he would just say, He wasn't serious, that became very obvious when stories would change. Along with a lot of excuses, when I would ask "are you sending me...".

I could do a very long post on this subject, but I will only say don't take him at his word, only when your model shows up at your door.

I know words mean nothing, that is why I've been sending payments and models out to people as fast as I'm able to, and haven't been adding to my backlog. I'm sorry I wronged so many people, especially you Max you were a good friend.

I would also like to say that I never went into this with the idea of it ending the way it has. I got way over my head, and before I knew it I dug a hole so deep I couldn't get out of it. I'm a terrible businessman and basically made all the wrong decisions. I know the road to hell is paved with good intentions, so I'm not making excuses here. All I can do now is send back as much as I can until it's all rectified, and I am doing that and will get to everyone

REL... It does not have to be over - unless that is what you want. It seems to me you're making headway in your debts... hopefully everyone will be satisfied with the results of your efforts to settle your balance sheet.

When that happens I for one would not hesitate to do business with you... EVERYONE messes up sooner or later, its what you do to clean things up that distinguishes people.

Good Luck,
Jedi Dade

Scott G. add me to the list, all of these items were requests by Richard Long.

-A 650 scale Enterprise D Kit, in trade for the 350 Botany Bay base patterns. Nothing Recieved

-Printing of a 650 D Nacelle, Nothing recieved

--8 armatures plus materials for the Enterprise D kit. Nothing received.

-A 1000 scale Reliant, creation of cad model, and printing of base patterns. Shipped, status unknown.

-A 1000 scale K'Tinga creation of cad model, and printing of base patterns, shipped, status unknown.

-A 350 Reliant requested, cad model created and printed, never shipped, status destroyed.

-A 350 scale K'Tinga creation of cad model, and printing of base patterns, shipped and completed. Payments and model received. Nothing owed.

-Studio Scale Slave 1, 3d scanning, and cad model creation, printed base patterns, shipped. Received a payment of $2k, to cover material costs. Promised model never received.

-Studio Scale Defiant, cad model provided(insufficient), 3d scanning for model necessary. And cad model creation. Toolpath creation for milling, and milling base pattern, plus 3d printed parts. Long requested another set of engines, scanned and milled. Promised a kit, plus $1k per ordered build-up. Never received.

-Supplied cad patterns for a Republic Star Destroyer, cad work for milling, completed and shipped, status unknown.

-Requested aztec patterns for 650 Enterprise D kit, supplied reference, cad work 24 hours @ $75/hr. Unresolved, I never received the kit.

Promised kits(to cover past unfulfilled requests, never received)-

650 Scale Enterprise D
Large Scale Ralph Mcquarrie X-Wing
Probe Droid Pod
Studio Scale Shuttle Tyderium
1/72 Tie Defender
Studio Scale Slave One
Studio Scale Defiant
Studio Scale K'Tinga

That's all I can recall at the moment. I have a list somewhere. I'm certain there was more Long was a promising fool. So was I for doing whatever he requested.

I'd thought that the old locked thread from a year ago, or so, was locked because you'd come to an agreement. I can't find that thread right now.

Is there an expectation that you'll receive all of this, or will you work with Richard on a settlement? I'll update the list soon. Richard, can you take over the list?

Well guys, I think let's just give richard an opportunity.

I'll update when i receive my kit which should be this week or the next at the latest.

I'm trying to take care of everyone, as I said I'm actively refunding and sending kits out, I have been for awhile now.

Max and I tried to develop a lot of stuff, a lot of it didn't work out for various reasons. We even started a company together to try and recoup the costs of all the stuff he printed, and offered a Bird of Prey as our first kit, I cleaned it up and made into a kit, we only sold one. It was the one with the landing gear no one liked. We sold them through a 3rd party, that was a huge disappointment as we figured it would sell a lot and we were going to do a lot more kits, but it died right there. A lot of the problem was I didn't know how to clean up the printed parts adequately from his printer and ended up rebuilding a lot of it. That isn't Max's fault, he printed them, but it made it to where I was massively behind on them, so as a result a lot of them I never did anything with after he printed them.

So, yes, I promised him a lot of stuff for the effort he put forth, that was about the time I was realizing I was in deep trouble with the garage kit business.

edit: Someone has generously offered to help me with my backlog.

Last edited:
I'd thought that the old locked thread from a year ago, or so, was locked because you'd come to an agreement. I can't find that thread right now.

Is there an expectation that you'll receive all of this, or will you work with Richard on a settlement? I'll update the list soon. Richard, can you take over the list?

Here is the link to the thread Scott.
http://www.therpf.com/f10/worth-read-205612/?highlight=sovereign+replicas

Yes, I still have have an expectation at least on the kits that were promised. After all I worked on some of them, I wanted to have examples of the work. On the other items we have to work it out.

Ah yes, the thread that attacks me, fine, but then goes on to attack an innocent person, including accusing her of being a mastermind behind a model company that she had nothing to do with, then links to a obsessive blog that accuses her of being a crook as well.

Because of that, I am now done with this tread, and this site. Moderators please ban my account. If anyone that I owe wants to get on a schedule to get their stuff or money, please email me at rda2012@gmail.com and we will work it out.

I will not participate in any place that willingly allows attacks against innocent bystanders.

Yes, a schedule is what we need. And what we've been asking for since each of us individually don't know the extent of this. That is why we got all of this info together: in order to help sort it out.

I had only asked about the old, locked thread in order to reference what seemed to be a resolution. But that was with Mustang, a different guy. And here are those people and more a year later still trying to sort it out...

So let's see, after emailing, what the schedules are guys.

Last edited:
Guys. i think its best to keep to objective facts. Like what is outstanding and such.

To Richard's credit. I received my kits today. They haven't been touched so yeah i think he's really far behind.

BUT he did send the kit and on his own dime. I offered to offset the amount owing with the cost of shipping but he said he would pay for that as way of making amends.

Shipping alone was USD$57, so kudos there.

Let's offer Richard a lifeline. A lot more needs to be done but let's give him some credit when he comes through.

Ah yes, the thread that attacks me, fine, but then goes on to attack an innocent person, including accusing her of being a mastermind behind a model company that she had nothing to do with, then links to a obsessive blog that accuses her of being a crook as well.

Because of that, I am now done with this tread, and this site. Moderators please ban my account. If anyone that I owe wants to get on a schedule to get their stuff or money, please email me at rda2012@gmail.com and we will work it out.

I will not participate in any place that willingly allows attacks against innocent bystanders.

Rich, you had 12 months with that thread without asking to be banned, don't use it as an excuse now to further distance yourself from all this. Don't blame the mods for not handing this thread in the way now you 12 months later want it handled. If you have complained about the thread in the past then fare enough but it does seem like your jumping overboard instead of grabbing the wheel and steering this home.... I hope you can steer it home, I'd like to see you steer it home.

IED, first of all that kit isn't mine to give to you, if you recall it was a commission you did for someone else and it ended up in my hands to fix, but it ain't fixable so if you want it back I suggest you contact the person that paid you for it and get off my back.

Secondly I did complain about that thread, on the thread. I don't have to stand for that crap no matter what I owe someone, would any of you? He'll no.

I'm not running from nobody, as I've said about 20 times I am chipping away at this backlog and people are coming forward to say so, which I appreciate. But there's no way I'm going to sit here and participate in this thread when certain people want to include the innocent in their beef with me.

I have my email address to get ahold of me, and I answer it, that's not running away, Al.

Like I said, all I'd like is to see you steer this all home then start a fresh, no interest in flaming, quite the opposite, your part of the history of this hobby and hopefully one day won't be part of its past

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back