Adding Web lines to spiderman suit

Bandit

Hello everybody. I have bought a 6 piece spiderman suit with only the red and blue parts, no Web lines or spider emblems(like the wrestling costume in ultimate spiderman) . I am wondering on how I go about adding both on to my suit. Any and every tip is appreciated. I plan to add just black weblines with fabric marker then maybe go over with puffy paint. Should I lay the parts flat or put them on a mannequin? What should I put the weblines down with first before doing them with marker? Should I use a ruler or any other tools? What would be easier asm2 style weblines or comic? Thanks for reading, sorry for all the questions!

What should I use to put down the weblines like before I actually draw them in with the marker? Something that I can easily get rid of if I mess up on the fabric a bit?

Get some dressmaker's or tailor's tracing paper and a tracing wheel. That way you can draw a thin, dotted line on your fabric, then go over it with your marker.

Not sure on how to post pictures on the mobile app or I would. Could the chalk wash off easy if I mess up or no? It's on a thick spandex material if that helps.

uploadfromtaptalk1409090852159.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409090858986.jpg

Thanks!! I'm thinking either just a black fabric marker or possibly puffy paint. Going for a ultimate spiderman bagley look. Big back spider medium sized front one. It's in 6 pieces too! :)

The suits dark enough already a marker would make it worse so use a sewing chalk pen and draw the lines and u can rub em off if necessary then go over it with puffy paint mix black and silver for tasm2 and just black for whatever else or use liquid latex

I see but with fabric pens you cannot rub it off so I'd go with puffy paint you can peel it off after or practice with it a bit and use applicator tips for thinner lines and if you are really scared then go to someone who paints suits

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back