Question AdBlocker error....

I'm not sure if anyone is looking at this thread anymore as no one has responded to any recent issues listed.

This is NOT the official support thread. (perhaps thats why?)... This is more of a 'user' or 'peer to peer' conversation/chit-chat.

I've posted my finding (about the tracking protection triggering the adblocker-detection) to the official support thread. Art Andrews said he'll pass it on to the developer who is working on the forum software.

It is hard to fix a bug if you don't know what's causing it and can't reproduce it (the "it works for me" problem), so maybe this finding can give them an idea on how to solve the issue. I'm a software dev myself, so I appreciate that it can be difficult.

xl97 not sure whether anything has been done yet, but right now the anti-adblock detection on the forum is quiet, I am not being bugged anymore. Yay!

Nice! I too am a software developer.. (and I dabble in electronics/embedded electronics stuff a bit as well) I thought I too had tracking turned off at home on FF... I'll have to check these things out myself! See if it does the same for me! :)

I'm been using the add-on STYLUS to create my own set of 'styles' for here.. (helps to just HIDE all those DOM elements anyways.. no matter what!) ;)

Like others have said use (uBlock Origin). AdBlock takes payments to allow ads pay them protection money. Also use the 2 EFF extensions. (Privacy Badger) and (HTTPS Everywhere). Tools from EFF's Tech Team I run all 3 and have very few problems. Flash and Java have the biggest issues.

Had the same problem with Firefox, it'll popup if you have the content blocking (preferences / security) set to this...

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.14.49 AM.png

And change it to...

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 12.14.59 AM.png

Afterwards the message should disappear.

You can also try adding the rpf site to a whitelist in Ublock Origin or Firefox

I turned off Stylus plugin (style over-writer basically).. reloaded page.. I do NOT get any ad blocking message.. (and my tracking is ALWAYS blocked)

yeah no. I d much rather not be tracked than having to disable that just for when I want to have a snoop around here

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that the add blocker message does not come up anymore before I log in. I have not done anything different on either of the computers that I use to log into the RPF but I have had the latest version of Firefox installed on both of them.

Have you guys done anything different or is your site reacting differently to the newest Firefox?

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that the add blocker message does not come up anymore before I log in. I have not done anything different on either of the computers that I use to log into the RPF but I have had the latest version of Firefox installed on both of them.

Have you guys done anything different or is your site reacting differently to the newest Firefox?

We have eased it off for registered members.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back