Adam Savage - Starfield Virtual Set

My only small complaint, is that if I remember correctly, the engines on the side of the ship rotate aft somewhat when it's in forward flight. I'm curious why they didn't print some in flight engines because they mention that they made some with retracted landing gear. Still it looked cool! That cloudy shot had major Bespin vibes.

I enjoyed the entire series. I would love to see more content like this on the tested youtube channel. The shoot at Orbital seemed a little chaotic, but I enjoyed seeing all that model work being put to use for a decent shoot. The practical smoke stuff made me chuckle. I think the industry could certainly use more model on LED stages as opposed to CGI. Practical in camera work is always better.

I enjoyed the entire series. I would love to see more content like this on the tested youtube channel. The shoot at Orbital seemed a little chaotic, but I enjoyed seeing all that model work being put to use for a decent shoot. The practical smoke stuff made me chuckle. I think the industry could certainly use more model on LED stages as opposed to CGI. Practical in camera work is always better.
Well, the shoot seems a bit "chaotic" because of the "Too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome;) It's normal when this amount of people are around this type of shooting.

Not always, there are a lot of limitations to models that you don't have with 3D models, name the support that limits how you can move a camera around the model. A 3D model, on the other hand, allows you to move a camera all round the model, 360 degrees in any direction. But at the end of the day, they're just tools and each has its own strengths and weaknesses and neither is inherently better or worse than the other.

Not always, there are a lot of limitations to models that you don't have with 3D models, name the support that limits how you can move a camera around the model. A 3D model, on the other hand, allows you to move a camera all round the model, 360 degrees in any direction. But at the end of the day, they're just tools and each has its own strengths and weaknesses and neither is inherently better or worse than the other.
"They have their own strengths and weaknesses and neither is inherently better or worse than the other."
Right you are and the challenge is to use them in the right context!
Don't use a hammer when you could use a fly-swatter ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back