Adam Jensen (Deus Ex) Augmented Arms question

Ok for you guys still paying attention, I found that some people on Facepunch and on XNALara have been working on the models they retrieved from the game, and I've been in touch with one of the people that they are going to try to get the model of his arms for me his name is Korro Bravin, if all goes well I will be seeing about making pep files of his arms.

2a4rgox.jpg

May I suggest that you sculpt the arm in Plasticine clay, including using actual carbon fiber for the textured areas, then mold and cast in a silicone sleeve? Would be rather amazing once completed.

Ok for you guys still paying attention, I found that some people on Facepunch and on XNALara have been working on the models they retrieved from the game, and I've been in touch with one of the people that they are going to try to get the model of his arms for me his name is Korro Bravin, if all goes well I will be seeing about making pep files of his arms.

Any chance they have a 3D model of the Magnum Revolver as well? I'd love to build one in Pep, or another material. The existing pictures are all oblique angles and not a straight on side shot. :(

Thanks!

Russ

Starting tomorrow I will begin the Augment Project.

Step#1: I will start by gathering craft foam and shaping large pieces to match the concept art and actual models, of the augmented arm. They will be numbered for placement and order purposes. I will have to keep in mind I am designing this as a sleeve and must be certain to leave room for the cosplayer's real arm to fit into.

Ok, guys a quick question. I am planning o making a clay model of separate parts of the aug arms (OR a whole clay model which will be pretty hard to make but it could be doen. What worries me is if I make them as separate parts, will I be able to stick together the hollow peices of resin together?). Once I have the sculpture done, I'll make a plaster mold. I don't know if plaster sticks to resin, and if it does, what else can I use for the mold. If it doesn't then I'll fill the mold with RVC resin or whatever it is and get the hollow resin peices. Can they be stuck together? If not, I'll make the arm as 2 separate peices which I can stick togetehr with spirite gum. What do you guys think? PLease help me out, this is my first time doing anything like this.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back