Adam Jensen (Deus Ex) Augmented Arms question

Also-
Adam Jensen

serif-industries-adam-jensens-mechanical-arm.jpg

Nick

@Nick:
Thanks for the images, there were a couple I did not have, all the others I do though, along with these:

The first is an image of his jacket, the second without his jacket showing his full body, for basic reference, and the third in an image file from Eidos, it is the pattern for Adam Jensen's shoulders.

How does that blade fit into his arm? Seriously.. lol.

You know, I never noticed the pattern on the shoulders of Adam's trenchcoat until I started playing the game (all of this morning). It's pretty subtle, and only shows up under certain lighting.

These promo shots have a texture on the main sections. Is this another version of the arms in the game or just some concepts that didn't make it to the final game?

ss-065.jpg

7.jpg.jpg

dx1.jpg

dx4.jpg

dx6.jpg

79361_DXHR_Screenshot_BarrettvsAdam2.jpg

deus_ex_human_revolution_gdc_9.jpg

74594f86fb2e228403904c105bb19ef5.jpg

deus-ex-human-revolution-plein-superbes-image-L-12.jpeg

300311_070030030.jpg

Last edited:
@Nick: That last image of the arm, the concept, it is quite helpful, I can see the movable parts easier and the tubing, thanks again!

Something like that 'sleeve' above would be a good starting point. I've worn tattoo versions of these and they're good aside from the bunching (as seen above).

The arm model shows a lot of deep undercuts (especially inner elbow) which will need careful manipulation to look good/right.

I'm tempted to have a go myself...

Re the blades: I think they're meant to be a springy composite/metal structure that is rolled up under tension and stiffens/straightens when an electrical charge is passed through it. Rather like Batman's cape.

[EDIT] It's actually in the description on the first photo.

Last edited:
Again Nick, you are made of awesome goodness, thanks for those model pics!!!

So I'm guessing no one's thought about making a Pep file for this yet?

Last edited:
If they ever release the special hard back strategy guide you should see a bunch more art as there is apparently an entire section of design art they didn't put into the augmented edition. I bet scans will pop up as soon as someone gets the hardback, the art in the augmented edition mini book wasn't that great.

I have the hardback guide - which includes the 'Art of' section on black pages at the back, and to be honest there's nothing there on the arms that isn't already here (in greater detail) in this thread.

I really wish the licensed Adam Jensen trenchcoat was more accurate to the one seen ingame.

The official trenchcoat doesn't look anything like the actual one from the game. I am looking to do this costume as well, and am going to be looking for a coat to use as a base to work off of and modify to make it look like the real thing.

@skiffy:
That's about what I had in mind for the augments

@Judge:
I've found a lot of images if you need any specific ones I can see if I can find those

@Spike:
That's why I'm making my own trenchcoat, I've already got the patterned material for the shoulders and the meshed grommets, I've got to find a nice leather trench coat now, to mod.

What fabric did you find for the shoulders? I have had trouble finding anything that really looks quite right (that isn't $40/yard).

I have the hardback guide - which includes the 'Art of' section on black pages at the back, and to be honest there's nothing there on the arms that isn't already here (in greater detail) in this thread.

I've been thinking about getting the hardback book. Is the additional art worth it?

I'm mainly looking for weapons/tech diagrams in addition to those in the deluxe game.

I've been thinking about getting the hardback book. Is the additional art worth it?

I'm mainly looking for weapons/tech diagrams in addition to those in the deluxe game.

There's a lot of character/environment art - and virtually nothing on weaponry. But, I would say get it anyway, if you're a fan of the game. There's some great art there - including a couple of cool things that sadly didn't make the final release..

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back