AAV Drop Ship

Stunning work (as usual), Katsu-san !:p
It wasn’t until the two completely scratched vehicles were placed in situ with each other, that their overall size and complexity were truly appreciated !o_O

Can’t wait to see your final posts on this beautiful build

Thank you so much, Ged-san and Stevie-san!
But... naaaaaaa!! another problem!

I was struggling to make the decals last weekend.
Embarrassing but I didn't know that the usual inkjet printer or laser printer can't print the white or gray on the transparent decal sheet to apply on a dark color surface.
Those printers don't have white toner ink. A very specific printer is needed. Ah, I should have known that.
The pale gray is just a pale spray of black ink.
I need to reconsider.

Nnnnn Never give up! Never surrender!

Last edited:
Oh by the way, printers don't print white.......
(Probably smack me for being sarcastic)

Actually, if you remember my battle cruiser, I was wanting the logo to be white over a darker color background...but because it doesn't print white, and even printing a thin outline on the white decal paper and hoping to cut out.... but it didn't work so well. So I changed the background to white and printed the logo black on clear decal paper and cut out the whole thing as the white background shape. (I hope that makes sense)
In the end, while a bit differnt than I was hoping for, I'm still happy with the final results.
I'm sure with some thought, you will get something to work out, even if it's a bit differnt that you had invisioned.

20211025_181306.jpg

Oh by the way, printers don't print white....... :lol: (Oh I knew it)
(Probably smack me for being sarcastic)

Actually, if you remember my battle cruiser, I was wanting the logo to be white over a darker color background...but because it doesn't print white, and even printing a thin outline on the white decal paper and hoping to cut out.... but it didn't work so well. So I changed the background to white and printed the logo black on clear decal paper and cut out the whole thing as the white background shape. (I hope that makes sense)
In the end, while a bit differnt than I was hoping for, I'm still happy with the final results. ( (y) )
I'm sure with some thought, you will get something to work out, even if it's a bit differnt that you had invisioned.
Thank you so much for your advice, Michael-san. That's the one good possible idea.
Today, I was trying to put the marks on the not transparent - I mean on a white decal sheet.
I drew the marks with pale gray and paint them up with dark gray on an appropriate margin of background. Maybe I need to adjust the tone of the dark gray to be blended with the color of the aircraft.

I'm sure you will come up with a few ideas to make it workout, and then just pick the one that you like best and won't be to overly difficult.
Can't wait to see how it turns out and what you do to solve it.

It's funny how everything in life, no matter if its a major career issue, family issue, or building a model, etc....most everything always revolves around trying to solve a problem of some sort.

I'm sure you will come up with a few ideas to make it workout, and then just pick the one that you like best and won't be to overly difficult.
Can't wait to see how it turns out and what you do to solve it.

It's funny how everything in life, no matter if its a major career issue, family issue, or building a model, etc....most everything always revolves around trying to solve a problem of some sort.
Yes, Michael-san. You are right on. I respect you.
In this era of the internet, everyone might find the right solution for their problems by just tapping the keyboard. But on the other hand, to find the solution all on your own, to squeeze out your own idea is something I think it's a meaningful thing. Even if it's a bit detour way.

It sucks that you do not have the right printer

I guess alternatives are find someone who does, and get them to print it out

or create a stencil for it by printing it out on sticker paper and then cutting it out

Access to a laser cutter for that part would make things a lot easier

Alas, I do not have a printer or laser cutter so I cannot help

Hopefully someone else can

Yes, the challenge of solving problems and getting lessons from your errors are the only way to grow not only as a human, but also as a model/prop maker;):notworthy::notworthy:
:lol: Yes, it is, whatever order. (y)
It sucks that you do not have the right printer

I guess alternatives are find someone who does, and get them to print it out

or create a stencil for it by printing it out on sticker paper and then cutting it out

Access to a laser cutter for that part would make things a lot easier

Alas, I do not have a printer or laser cutter so I cannot help

Hopefully someone else can
The last time I did make decals are on the white surface so I missed the chance to know this issue. If my present idea didn't work, I will have to rely on other professional makers.

Was hoping you had come up with an idea......I always love to see how you solve an issue.
I also have a new idea for a scratch built model....working on ideas and and trying to make sure I'll be able to pull it off before I fully commit to it....
as well as trying to get some medical issues worked out on myself. I hope I can start with it soonish and will make a thread once I do.
You have always given good feedback with any issues I've had. Everyone here has been a great help and I've learned SO much more than I thought I could ever hope to know or try.

Ah yes, the old white decal problem. Usually the best choice is white decal paper, print your design on it and then cut out what you need including the white part. Only solution I know of. I'm working on a couple of projects where I will have to print decals but thankfully not white. Is the white a simple shape that you could mask and paint white then place a decal over that with the design you need?

Was hoping you had come up with an idea......I always love to see how you solve an issue.
I also have a new idea for a scratch built model....working on ideas and and trying to make sure I'll be able to pull it off before I fully commit to it....
as well as trying to get some medical issues worked out on myself. I hope I can start with it soonish and will make a thread once I do.
You have always given good feedback with any issues I've had. Everyone here has been a great help and I've learned SO much more than I thought I could ever hope to know or try.

“Have Katsu-san, will travel !”:unsure:;)

Michael-san, I really hope you get over your issue and get your new project started.
And Ged-san, thank you so much all the time!

This August, the organizer of GP Models on Facebook, recommended I apply for a virtual model contest in Italy.
I applied with my previous work and I've just forgotten it. But this morning, I found that I've been winning the best prize in the SciFi category.

Thanks for your great support.

Katsuhiko Fujihira

Last edited:
Ah yes, the old white decal problem. Usually the best choice is white decal paper, print your design on it and then cut out what you need including the white part. Only solution I know of. I'm working on a couple of projects where I will have to print decals but thankfully not white. Is the white a simple shape that you could mask and paint white then place a decal over that with the design you need?
Thank you, Ken-san,
Most of all are pale gray letters and US star and bar marking, But there is one very complicated insignia mark.
That is troubling me so far.

Congrats on the international competition recognition Katsu-san !:cool:
I don’t know how much that means to you !?..... ‘cause as far as I’m concerned, you’ve been a brilliant champion of inspiration to me ( and to others here I’m sure ! ) for a long time now....., not only in the field of modelling, but in your very generous field of sharing ‘ yourself ’ ! Thank you !:love:

Congrats on the international competition recognition Katsu-san !:cool:
I don’t know how much that means to you !?..... ‘cause as far as I’m concerned, you’ve been a brilliant champion of inspiration to me ( and to others here I’m sure ! ) for a long time now....., not only in the field of modelling, but in your very generous field of sharing ‘ yourself ’ ! Thank you !:love:

Congrats and recognition are well deserved Katsu-san:cool::cool:(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you very much, Ged-san and joburg-san. I didn't expect that I will have such an honorable award at the international contest. I believe it is thanks to your kind support.
I love model building and any work by my hands. And to share them with my good friends make my joy double.

Thank you so much, my friends, and your constant support is the best of all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back