AAV Drop Ship

Y'all look great! And that's a F-4 Phantom fuselage, isn't it? Even though they were loud, and slow, and didn't originally have guns, I still like the overall design.

Y'all look great! And that's a F-4 Phantom fuselage, isn't it? Even though they were loud, and slow, and didn't originally have guns, I still like the overall design.

Oh, I agree. Rhino. The owner has 3 nose fuselages in the field. I was so surprised by its size. Huge! F-4 has many fans here in Japan. It's so sad they were retired this March. F-4EJ-i, Improved F-4E.

What a dangerous looking group. I would hate to be on the other side
Yup!! In fact the most dangerous few in the group are women!

Katsu-san, glad to see that your “juices” are flowing through again !:p
The entire build is looking fantastic !.... but, the ‘fuselage’ component of the Ship with it’s markings being as they are - just straight ‘simple’ lines across it , as opposed to the ( intricate lines ) elsewhere .... did you intend this, or were your ‘juices’ being emptied at the time ? :oops::unsure:

Katsu-san, glad to see that your “juices” are flowing through again !:p
The entire build is looking fantastic !.... but, the ‘fuselage’ component of the Ship with it’s markings being as they are - just straight ‘simple’ lines across it , as opposed to the ( intricate lines ) elsewhere .... did you intend this, or were your ‘juices’ being emptied at the time ? :oops::unsure:

Love the paint job and the details that are starting to pop-up. It`s great to see that bird getting its coat of paint Katsu-san:cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:
Thank you so much, joberg-san!

Now I'm struggling with making decals. I'm using some free software like Gimp, Inkscape, and google spreadsheet. It's three years ago when I used those last time. So, I almost forgot how to use them. Anyway, the US aircraft marking like star and bar and each letter and numbers were done. Now I'm working on the insignia of Raijin「雷神」 and banner of 'VMM-625' motto 'Ecce Iratus Fulmen' which is the homage for the Osprey squadron of US Marine stationing in Okinawa Futenma VMM-265 'Dragons' 「竜」.

The US Marine's VF squadrons and especially VMM-265 had had a hard time when the Osprey has been deployed in Okinawa. Yup, bashed by both of those liberal media and the ruling party at that time.

I will post the result soon.

katsu

Added a brown color on the AAV vehicle.

irvcQI0.jpg

WGQOoNb.jpg

qgpeEyV.jpg

rFHGjLJ.jpg

gCiBZDe.jpg

11n5kte.jpg

Then fitted with the aero vehicle.

QWpn3Pm.jpg

vQhgSUX.jpg

RSVzBZr.jpg

gP8pZRO.jpg

voZAYOZ.jpg

WW3BUgE.jpg

J7nETSq.jpg

I drew decals with the free graphic software, Inkscape, and Google Spread Sheet.

rb8fq2B.jpg

This is the early sketch of the insignia of Raijin. That was more than 2 years ago if you remember.

S5ypQJb.jpg

Then I trace it on the Windows paint tool and edited it with Inkscape.

galZaVz.jpg

I will print them with the laser copy machine at the nearest convenience store this weekend.

Thanks for looking,

katsu

I think thats turned out really good. The simple brown gives it a bit of camouflage feel.
I know you struggled with this build at times, so I'm glad you have been able to make it through and at the end finally.

I think thats turned out really good. The simple brown gives it a bit of camouflage feel.
I know you struggled with this build at times, so I'm glad you have been able to make it through and at the end finally.

Thank you, Michael-san.
That was a long and winding build but thanks to your support, I could come this far.

Gorgeous.

Thank you always!

It just gets better and better.

Thank you, Tom-san!

Love the pics showing the face of the hole ship...very scary weaponry :cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you so much always, joberg-san! I was hoping it looks realistic.

Stunning work (as usual), Katsu-san !:p
It wasn’t until the two completely scratched vehicles were placed in situ with each other, that their overall size and complexity were truly appreciated !o_O

Can’t wait to see your final posts on this beautiful build !;)(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back