AAV Drop Ship

Thank you always, sir!

Wow! Just wow!

Thank you, Tom-san!

I love the armor plating. It really adds a lot!

It looks like it could be a movie prop in the making

Thank you, Analyzer-san! A bit weird looking but I dared to do this.

Yuumi, I reviewed all your work in this post, man, I was speechless, I must say that your skills to build models are from another planet.

Thank you so much for taking your time for watching my work and your pleasant comment, Tanolucas-san!
All you've seen is the good part of my build, behind them, there is a lot of things I messed.
But, thanks again!

Wow! That is great looking armor plating! Really like the visual effect you achieved.
Those spot lights on either side of the pop up turret are a nice touch. Does the turret still pop up?

That's not a delivery van anymore! The brown color and gold lettering color scheme suggested earlier needs to be withdrawn from the suggestion pile. :p (Would still be really funny to see!)

Your idea for a digital pattern should go very nicely with these ceramic armor plates.

Thank you very much, Hagoth-san!
Yep, the turret will pop up all right (I hope).
And, well, I may have to think about the paint scheme.
I already decided on the color of the aero vehicle.
It may be a color like the latest combat aircraft like F-22 or F-35.
Since I painted those battle dresses of the Marines greenish color, The ground vehicle should be the same tone. Or dark grayish navy blue for the sea-skimming operation.

1FO3lgh.jpg

upTD2Zo.jpg

The left side armor plates are a bit different pattern from the right.
I'd thought the simple one might be better.

I got run out of foam board. Only a few plates to go.

Thanks for looking!

Katsu

I like the simpler armor pattern. Nice and clean still modular looking system there.

Oooh, I like your color pallet ideas. Here's what popped into my mind. How about greenish on the bottom half and blue gray on the upper? On the water you see the grey blue and on land it looks like greenish brush and blue gray sky. From the top it's a fast moving pond! :unsure:

Nice armor. Reminds me a little of the 89 Batmobile with armor.

View attachment 1471425

I had seen this configuration only in a movie but it's weirder than mine. o_O

I like the simpler armor pattern. Nice and clean still modular looking system there.

Oooh, I like your color pallet ideas. Here's what popped into my mind. How about greenish on the bottom half and blue gray on the upper? On the water you see the grey blue and on land it looks like greenish brush and blue gray sky. From the top it's a fast moving pond! :unsure:

Thanks, Hagoth-san. The previous pattern was a bit too much. It looks like an armadillo.
To deal with the insurgents or terrorists, you don't even need the armor plates. It will be good for carrying with a cargo aircraft or train transportation. And you can expect agile maneuverability on the battlefield.
How the future camouflage for those vehicles will be?
Electro-optical or stealth material or paintings for the guided missiles?
The modular armor plates may have an advantage for the optional camouflage pattern. You don't have to repaint to fit the situation of the surrounding at the deployed area. Just select the painted armor plates and attach them. It could do on my model, too. All the armor plates on the vehicle have a flat surface and square shape. So, I can apply any different patterns and colors of the camouflage. Arctic, Jungle, and desert.
.....:oops: No, no, I'm not gonna do that! Just a thought! JUST A THOUGHT!!:eek:

I had seen this configuration only in a movie but it's weirder than mine. o_O

Thanks, Hagoth-san. The previous pattern was a bit too much. It looks like an armadillo.
To deal with the insurgents or terrorists, you don't even need the armor plates. It will be good for carrying with a cargo aircraft or train transportation. And you can expect agile maneuverability on the battlefield.
How the future camouflage for those vehicles will be?
Electro-optical or stealth material or paintings for the guided missiles?
The modular armor plates may have an advantage for the optional camouflage pattern. You don't have to repaint to fit the situation of the surrounding at the deployed area. Just select the painted armor plates and attach them. It could do on my model, too. All the armor plates on the vehicle have a flat surface and square shape. So, I can apply any different patterns and colors of the camouflage. Arctic, Jungle, and desert.
.....:oops: No, no, I'm not gonna do that! Just a thought! JUST A THOUGHT!!:eek:
Thoughts...just a thought. you know that's the immediate precursor to action!

With electro-optical film layers on the ceramic plate armor the cameras in the little notched out sections simply display their view on the armor plate on the opposite side of the vehicle. Real time blending in, at least from a 90 degree viewing angle. Maybe you could even project modified or scrambled thermal images with infrared emitters.

I love your creative imagination Katsu-san! Provides food for mine. :p

Hagoth, Craft master, sir!! (y)
1625454227276.png

After the long labor work, I almost finished the ground vehicle.
Too much slick? Yes, I was trying to add some detailing parts but it didn't make sense to me.
So, at this moment I am going to leave this as it is.

Nose section refined and added bumper bar.

YwUXEyN.jpg

WjErGIq.jpg

eQhbY32.jpg

Fixed that noisy side.

M54o59w.jpg

DKckPXG.jpg

jobRDLs.jpg

jobRDLs.jpg

h5ybqII.jpg

vJX8Nwa.jpg

sCifhxo.jpg

Wa0lTZi.jpg

xYx99js.jpg

AWHP93q.jpg

GcuCoNe.jpg

I got to make wheel hub caps. And then ready for primer and paint jobs.

Thanks for watching!

katsu

Hagoth, Craft master, sir!! (y)
View attachment 1473328

After the long labor work, I almost finished the ground vehicle.
Too much slick? Yes, I was trying to add some detailing parts but it didn't make sense to me.
So, at this moment I am going to leave this as it is.

Nose section refined and added bumper bar.

View attachment 1473333

View attachment 1473334

View attachment 1473335

Fixed that noisy side.

View attachment 1473336

View attachment 1473337

View attachment 1473338

View attachment 1473339

View attachment 1473340

View attachment 1473341

View attachment 1473342

View attachment 1473343

View attachment 1473344

View attachment 1473345

View attachment 1473346

I got to make wheel hub caps. And then ready for primer and paint jobs.

Thanks for watching!

katsu
Yep, that's him. Hagoth the ship builder. (y)

Looking really good Katsu-san! I like the different armor patterns on each side. Actually tells a good story and hints at the modularity of it. Systems check,
Turret deployment test - check
SNART deployment test - check
Team ready check - call out.
Team ready sir!
..wait, what now...
What's up Bushman?
..who put Nerf darts in my amo clip!? :lol:

Good cladding all around that vehicle Katsu-san; I think that a few greeblies could make it to the sides (maybe small air intake for the crew?)
(y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy:

Yep, that's him. Hagoth the ship builder. (y)

Looking really good Katsu-san! I like the different armor patterns on each side. Actually tells a good story and hints at the modularity of it. Systems check,
Turret deployment test - check
SNART deployment test - check
Team ready check - call out.
Team ready sir!
..wait, what now...
What's up Bushman?
..who put Nerf darts in my amo clip!? :lol:
:oops: :lol: A guy from Mattel did it! Thank you, Hagoth-san!
Good cladding all around that vehicle Katsu-san; I think that a few greeblies could make it to the sides (maybe small air intake for the crew?)
(y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy:
Oh, that's an idea! Thank you, joberg-san!

Katsu-san, I saw the news about the floods the last few days; I hope you and your loved ones are safe.
Praying for your fellow country-(wo)men as well

:oops: :lol: A guy from Mattel did it! Thank you, Hagoth-san!

Oh, that's an idea! Thank you, joberg-san!
...and along with vents maybe consider stabilizing thrusters for attitude control for those drops that are a little higher off the ground. Could add some additional interesting outside details.

Amazing! Very nicely designed
Thank you very much!
Katsu-san, I saw the news about the floods the last few days; I hope you and your loved ones are safe.
Praying for your fellow country-(wo)men as well
Thank you for your kind thought for us, George-san. We are all alright. Still, we have a lot of rain every day, but the place we live is good for those water hazards. And looks like there is another story for the disaster this time. It was not a natural disaster. that was caused by a human. The top of the valley was used to be covered with good woods. but a few years ago, it was developed for the solar power generator. Woods had been wiped away and landfilled with a lot of soil which was industrial wasting material and it was abandoned for some reason. There was heavy rain this time. As a matter of course, all the soils had slid down to the town. This area was designated to a hazardous area on the prefecture's hazard map like a bad joke. Officials knew it already. A week ago, a truck driven by a drunk driver hit the elementary kids. 2 kids died and 3 are still in a coma. It's the narrow alley in a school zone. 5 minutes distant from my house. We have been claiming the governor and the mayor to put the guard rail along the way but were ignored for ten years. Maybe they needed some sacrificial sheep to make a budget. My kids were lucky.
So many things to make me piss off.
...and along with vents maybe consider stabilizing thrusters for attitude control for those drops that are a little higher off the ground. Could add some additional interesting outside details.
Oh, I remember that. The jet landing assist is the idea in the first place.
I should think about it!

I've just made a couple of solid-fuel rocket vernier.

I notched a groove on the bolt. That may work for notching the booster cone.
TTd8seC.jpg

KVRPIbk.jpg

2uHRqPl.jpg

Heat them up and make cones.

1ImEqIn.jpg

NXx4UOi.jpg

And the casing.

W3ZY9wx.jpg

z6trpvK.jpg

Attached them on the side.

RBUoz7k.jpg

1KJklE2.jpg

RxKZkac.jpg

tTbDF9K.jpg

CAaBSYn.jpg

I like it.

Just a few seconds before the dropped vehicle hit the surface or ground, the verniers are ignited, ka-boom! And bashed down on the ground and soon, those verniers are detached with the explosion bolts. Bam! It's expendable! Cool!:lol:

Thanks for watching!

katsu

I like them!
...and if not used for a landing cushion they are available as flamers for foxholes and trenches. :eek:

Excellent

Looks like you have all the scenarios covered!

Looks like this thing is ready to survive a nuke.
Bring it on.

I realized that for almost more than 55 years, I have been thinking the things like this. Just like a kid grabbing his favorite toys, and playing in all on his own. Hey, looks like I've never been grown-up. But gentlemen, I don't think you feel it strange. We are the kind of people.
Thank you, gentlemen.

I realized that for almost more than 55 years, I have been thinking the things like this. Just like a kid grabbing his favorite toys, and playing in all on his own. Hey, looks like I've never been grown-up. But gentlemen, I don't think you feel it strange. We are the kind of people.
Thank you, gentlemen.

Grow up? Whats that???
I'll always be a kid at heart.
I don't know if you ever look at other non model threads on here, but in the off topic one, I just posted my fireworks video for the 4th of July.
Of course being an American holiday, people from other places might pass it on, but, I centered the show mainly around movies, and the big kid in me shows through big time. Afterwards, my Mom said it was like a mix of every movie growing up mixed with fireworks.
We can be like a bunch of Peter Pans.

Thank you, gentlemen.
Grow up? Whats that???
I'll always be a kid at heart.
I don't know if you ever look at other non model threads on here, but in the off topic one, I just posted my fireworks video for the 4th of July.
Of course being an American holiday, people from other places might pass it on, but, I centered the show mainly around movies, and the big kid in me shows through big time. Afterwards, my Mom said it was like a mix of every movie growing up mixed with fireworks.
We can be like a bunch of Peter Pans.
With a sticker on my bedroom door stating "I refuse to grow up" and a favorite song being "Forever Young" by Alphaville I completely understand the sentiment. I give some credit to my very active and creative imagination (rest to my Grandpa) to looking 15 years younger than my age. Since a very young age I have created drawers of drawings and sketches of ideas I would like to hold in my hands someday. My vision as an 11 year old is what lead to my on going motorized MPC X-Wing project. To hold a model X-Wing that I built in my hand, free of tethers and armatures, zooming around the house, engines glowing, and command the words "Lock S-foils in attack position" with the craft responding and opening the wings is getting very close to reality. Then my journey to the Young side will be complete! Might even borrow my daughters Rebel fighter pilot helmet to complete the effect. :p
Nah, it's not strange. ;):cool:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back