AAV Drop Ship

Great news. Glad there was no serious damage

Thank you Analyzer-san!

Your wife is smart and tough! "Bring it on!" is just right!
I'm so glad to hear your house and family made it through OK. I've never been through a hurricane or typhoon so I don't know what its really like except for the news. I was watching news reports and it looks like it was very bad in many places. You must be on high ground away from rivers. Did your wife choose the location of your house? Smart choice!

Thank you, Ken-san. That was so close.

Ha ha, the location of our house was chosen by my father for almost 45 years ago. He knew the fear of flooding.

In fact, when I met my wife, she was only 20 years old innocent girl. She knew nothing about how to manage life. However, after we married and she got our twin baby, I said to my wife, 'Thank you for giving me a fantastic twin baby. I swore her that I will do my best to make you and my daughters happy. But also, I asked her that if I died before my daughters have grown up, please do your best to make them being independent before you find some one else'. And then she changed to the tough woman that I never had imagine.

katsu

I have been a member of this forum for a while now, rarely post, check in now and again to see everyone's great builds. I am so glad I checked today after a long hiatus. Amazing build to follow and one that will keep me checking up here more frequently I am sure. To me your skill level is as good as the gentleman who made the scale model Cain from Robocop 2 :oops: A true craftsmen in every sense of the word. But you are much funnier ha ha! As others have said, the little anecdotes you share about life in general and your sharing of your personal life with everyone has made this one of the top threads I have ever had the pleasure to ever read through on any forum. I cannot wait to see some more from you. Now I can go take the dog for a walk with the wife as I have been saying for the last hour or more as I have read through this post, that I would do so shortly with her :lol: At least next time when she asks I won't have as much to catch up on beforehand :) It's been a pleasure in the meantime Katsu-san to finally have found your postings.

How is the recovery going? Ready to move the mostly harmless American midwest?

Sorry to get you back late.
My mother slipped down and hit her waist on Tuesday.
So I've been in her house and helped her a bit.
She is a very selfish person and hate to go to hospital.
I got a hard time dealing with.

The recovery will be started in early November I presume.
Till then, I am going to keep dreaming about living in a American midwest. :love:

katsu

I have been a member of this forum for a while now, rarely post, check in now and again to see everyone's great builds. I am so glad I checked today after a long hiatus. Amazing build to follow and one that will keep me checking up here more frequently I am sure. To me your skill level is as good as the gentleman who made the scale model Cain from Robocop 2 :oops: A true craftsmen in every sense of the word. But you are much funnier ha ha! As others have said, the little anecdotes you share about life in general and your sharing of your personal life with everyone has made this one of the top threads I have ever had the pleasure to ever read through on any forum. I cannot wait to see some more from you. Now I can go take the dog for a walk with the wife as I have been saying for the last hour or more as I have read through this post, that I would do so shortly with her :lol: At least next time when she asks I won't have as much to catch up on beforehand :) It's been a pleasure in the meantime Katsu-san to finally have found your postings.

Dengar 1-san,
I'm very sorry for the late reply to your kind post.
I've been taking care of my mother has slipped down and hit her waist. She is a kind of a woman always want to put herself in the center of the world. Also, she really hates hospital and doctor. It's the mystery why a good and reasonable man like me came out of her. May be a genetic mutation have happened. Unfortunately, she looks alright now and I could get back to my house Yesterday.

Thank you for the kind words for my works and I'm so glad to know you had a little fun time reading my threads. When I became feel like want to get back to my build, many thing have happened lately. Couple of typhoon hitting us and and then, my daughter wanted me to design and build a little equipment to make her work a bit more efficiently. So I've been tackled on it for last few weeks. Last Sunday, it was finished and delivered to her. It's a kind of tool make easier to measuring a roll of fabric flexibly to any sizes and cut it. For the practical use of professional, it have to be made sturdy and easy to disassembly for quick store. And! also! the agreed budget was less than 10,000.Yen-90 US dollar equivalent!!

Ha ha ha....ha, I haven't took any progress pics of making but it is like this,

7eMlCxj.jpg

DHFTCAV.jpg

Look!, look! I even made a cogs to meet the budget!!

2BkLTDB.jpg

2Hfn12e.jpg

2BkLTDB.jpg

The first test.

JxkqhKN.mp4

Now she is getting used to it and she says it's alright, it can reduce the work time for 1/3 or 1/5!

She haven't give me a single kiss to my cheek.

Well, I'm gonna get back to my Dropship soon.
I think I can see it with another fresh eyes.

Thank you very much!!

Katsu

Last edited:
That looks like a useful tool!

I hope your Mom gets better.

It's always hard having parents go from being the ones taking care of you to you taking care of them

Usually it's guys who are stubborn about not needing to see a doctor. (Speaking from personal experience. Which is to say, me... ;) )

Also: any SANE individual would have just bought the cogs... :D But then we wouldn't have been nearly as impressed.

Huuum.
I sympathize with taking care of your mom. My parents are 87 and 89 and as stubborn as can be.

Ken-san
The road to God is dark and not a lot of fun :p

That looks like a useful tool!

I hope your Mom gets better.

It's always hard having parents go from being the ones taking care of you to you taking care of them

Thanks, Analyzer-san.
It is another truth of life.:(

Usually it's guys who are stubborn about not needing to see a doctor. (Speaking from personal experience. Which is to say, me... ;) )

Also: any SANE individual would have just bought the cogs... :D But then we wouldn't have been nearly as impressed.

Tom-san.....:lol:

Because, I just couldn't get the cogs I need. If I found one, i bought it with no hesitation. :p

Thank you, gentlemen.
Looks like you have a lot of experiences to convince me.
One of the many good thing with me is, follow the wise men's advice.
So, I will quit worry about and go get her pick up and bring her to my house and take a good care of her.
The best thing I have is, 'My wife is understanding'.

Thanks, gentlemen!!

katsu

Mark 1 Sonar System 'Dumbo'

'Hey, are you hungry?'
'What?...'
'I said, are you hungry?'
'No, I'm not angry'
'I SAID ARE YOU HUNGRY!?'
'No,no, I'm hungry .....'

Very frustrating and annoying moment.
The living room is like in the NYSE.
Of course, she never wear any hearing aid because it's not comfortable for her, noisy, crunching. Every time I say something, she put her palms behind her ears. Then, I've come up with an idea.
I get to my shack and made this quickly.
A 2 mm thick acrylic sheet, 1 mm thick aluminum strips and 0.5 mm piano wire.

1KMj1RM.jpg

JyyONWn.jpg

jQMi1tP.jpg

qhKf0ve.jpg

I made this as a half joke half serious.

And I said, 'Hey just put this on'
She said, 'Oh My Goodness! (She said this in English) I can hear very loud and clear!
Unbelievable but it works and she liked it.
Then, the communication situation got a lot gain.
Maybe there are any similar thing in this wide market but I've never seen anything like this so far.
If I made this a bit more decent, there would be a certain demand?
Here comes another opportunity to make million.
I might be able to buy a 3D printer!!

FR41CCA.jpg

katsu

Looks like a winner!
Do you mind a suggestion? Maybe a little padding around the part that touches your wife’s head? Foam weatherstripping might work.
I wonder if this would work for my mother.

Thanks Ken-san!
No, no this is for my 87 years old mother, not for my wife. :p , Sheee, my wife got sharp ears, really. :lol:

This is my wife.
'Did you say something?'
1572237659812.png

I think my mother is too old to feel that touch but looks like her hair might be a good cushioning for that.
This one is really light weight, she said she often forgot she is wearing it. I guess it may work for your mother, too. If you have a headband or something like that, I think you can make it soon. As you see the previous pics, I used a bowl and burner to soften and shape the acrylic sheet. I used a hot glue to attach it. Totally, I took 30 minutes for this. I guess you can use any PET bottle materials or something instead of acrylic sheet.
Because I used a clear acrylic sheet, it’s not so noticeable. And that's the point she likes it.

This IS my mother!!
1572237087670.png

Best regards!

Now that is an awesome idea!

Although you will have to work on looks. shaping and decorating or painting them like cat ears or martian ears for example :lol:

Now that is an awesome idea!

Although you will have to work on looks. shaping and decorating or painting them like cat ears or martian ears for example :lol:

Thanks, Analyzer san. And I thought someone will tell me that and here you are.
My daughter put a tiny jewells on the edges.
It looks like wearing an earings. :D

My apologies to your wife!! I still think you could sell these.....

Don't worry, I didn't leak to my wife yet.XD
And, honestry, it'll be a big benefit to many elderly person. If someone has a budget for mas production.... My mother said she will buy that for more than $30-50.

Thanks

Katsu

Is there a Japanese version of Shark Tank TV show? It’s where people who have inventions go and present their product to investors to get them to invest and make their product a success.

Thank you Katsu-san for sharing this story - Hearing EarMuffs !
I haven’t laughed so much or so hard in quite awhile :p !

Be careful though..., now that your mother’s hearing has greatly improved, she’ll be able to hear any ( & all ) grumbling from you !? :unsure::lol:!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back