AAV Drop Ship

Very well thought out.

I'd love to see the real-life prototype being tested. The first time it doesn't stop rotating and dumps the troops on their faces. The next time it quickly spins the other direction and flings the troops outboard... Probably should use mannequins for the early tests...

Very well thought out.

I'd love to see the real-life prototype being tested. The first time it doesn't stop rotating and dumps the troops on their faces. The next time it quickly spins the other direction and flings the troops outboard... Probably should use mannequins for the early tests...

Always wear your seat belt! :lol:

:rolleyes::lol:

The mechanical part of the seat slide and rotation has been done this morning and I started detailing the seat and pedestal.
Once I thought of equipping the seat belt for each seat but it was nothing cool. This morning, I've just happened to design the holdback bar for the soldiers. It looks like one in the APC of Aliens. Took an hour to design the bar and I made a jig to make dozen of them with the same shape.

katsu

DAMN !!!... bloody brilliantly worked through Katsu-mate !
Get out of retirement , and go find a toy or model company to work with or at the very least... advise ! ...
You’ll be able to afford many trips on that beautiful train or whatever ... with what you can provide them... Fantastic !:love::cool::notworthy:

DAMN !!!... bloody brilliantly worked through Katsu-mate !
Get out of retirement , and go find a toy or model company to work with or at the very least... advise ! ...
You’ll be able to afford many trips on that beautiful train or whatever ... with what you can provide them... Fantastic !:love::cool::notworthy:

I thank you very much for your praise, Ged-san.
You western people always knew how to praise someone and cheer up. That's the important thing we should learn. I'm not good at praise someone in a good way. I guess just because I was grown up being criticized by my parents, friends, teachers, etc. It's not an unusual thing here in Japan. It's so difficult to be praised for something you've done here. Maybe that's why all the unique ideas come up from your side.

Here's a day's work.

Making a bracket of the holdback bar.

xsXuzy4.jpg

2dW5PHV.jpg

ATwoSSb.jpg

VrOKDOW.jpg

N5zVIws.jpg

gGdf2HA.jpg

I'm using 2 mm thick aluminum wire. I guess it's for the flower arrangement or something.

dvnGYcA.jpg

vV09rvv.jpg

43Rh9Y5.jpg

EZghVur.jpg

FpNgrcv.jpg

It goes here. The rifles will be held like that.

Here's a test fitting.

Release position.

2daKivM.jpg

Restraint position.
lUZKSFk.jpg

The figure is a bit too small for this but anyway...

4u6r5KN.jpg

m0fu9we.jpg

3RMO2Xy.jpg

Need a few adjustments but it seems OK to me.

Again, thank you very much for your support including many pleasant reactions.

Thanks for looking,

katsuhiko

Outstanding concepts and intricate detailed work Katsu-san in ‘seeing a vision through’ .... sometimes “ one step forward and three steps back “, but hey ! , that’s what makes individuals such as yourself , not only a joy - but an inspiration to follow !...
Only wish I had a 1/1000th of your “drive & resolve “! :notworthy:

Katsu-san, I can understand praise sometimes being an issue for you(r country/culture), but know that you're among friends here.Here, you can embrace praise without hesitation or link to your past.This forum can be a new chapter for you, a chapter without the burden of past or negativity.What happened then doesn't represent you anymore.You're creating these amazing things Now, and it can only get better ;) So brace yourself for more praise, my friend.

Outstanding concepts and intricate detailed work Katsu-san in ‘seeing a vision through’ .... sometimes “ one step forward and three steps back “, but hey ! , that’s what makes individuals such as yourself , not only a joy - but an inspiration to follow !...
Only wish I had a 1/1000th of your “drive & resolve “! :notworthy:

Thank you very much, Ged-san. Thanks to your strong support, I can always step forward from each and every stepping back.:notworthy:

Amazing work as always!

Thank you, Analyzer-san, I hope the work could 'Rock you'. :D

I'm enjoying looking at the jigs you've designed to make the parts almost as much as the model itself.

You really should consider either doing videos or - when the plague is over - teaching in-person classes on how to make stuff.
So very creative in both design and construction methods! I can see it now, Katsu-san's creative workshop. Now that's a TV show I would watch!

Thank you so much, Tom-san, Hagoth-san.
Video, TV show?! Come on... Give me a break!... Wait a minute, maybe I can be a Julia Child or Martha Stewart of the model building. So that I can make millions! I can buy a 3D printer at last! Would you please be my manager or agent? ... Naa..:unsure:

1608267769432.png

Wow Katsu-san...model building at its best (y) (y) :cool: :cool: :notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you so much, joberg-san!

Katsu-san, I can understand praise sometimes being an issue for you(r country/culture), but know that you're among friends here.Here, you can embrace praise without hesitation or link to your past.This forum can be a new chapter for you, a chapter without the burden of past or negativity.What happened then doesn't represent you anymore.You're creating these amazing things Now, and it can only get better ;) So brace yourself for more praise, my friend.

Thank you so much for your kind words, George-san.
It's so nice to do the best of my ability for someone who supports me always.

Continue to work on the interior. I've just finished the holdback bars and then started to make the seat cushion.

At the test build, I made ridges(?) by cutting a foam board with a knife. But I thought it takes too much time and looks not softly. So I tried this. At the test build, I used a food tray for that but this time I prepared a 3 mm thick foam board.
Foam board and a pattern.

eAITX6R.jpg

Stick a double-sided adhesive tape on the backside.

AHoxdM8.jpg

Using the pattern as a ruler, press along with the pattern with a dull edge blade or a spatula.

LhZnc32.jpg

And then, gently scribe/press the lines with a more rounded thing again.

EOpfg0D.jpg

OAazqoG.jpg

Cut up and trim them.

twWE7Et.jpg

tOHMZqS.jpg

Peel off the backside.

fKO109O.jpg

And apply on the seat.

e8k6Sak.jpg

Look like soft, isn't it? :rolleyes:

3KuezSo.jpg

I think it's a little bit better than the previous one.

pBaE2IM.jpg

Thanks for your great support, always.

katsu

The production line is cranking out the products!

It's fascinating to watch the process of making that stuff and the end results are perfect

Nicely upholstered seats! If the goal was a softer look I'd say mission accomplished.

Back in the day when foam egg cartons had flat tops instead of the massive dents in them I would make homemade gliders out of them and use a similar technique to round off the edges of the wings.

So cool !

Thank you, George-san.

That is a great idea! Looks soft to me, but not too soft.

That's a pleasant comment, Stevie-san. Yes, this is a combat vehicle, not a limo.(y)

The production line is cranking out the products!

It's fascinating to watch the process of making that stuff and the end results are perfect

Thank you Tom-san.
I am honored as a president and worker of ILM (Industrial Light Metal). :love:

Nicely upholstered seats! If the goal was a softer look I'd say mission accomplished.

Back in the day when foam egg cartons had flat tops instead of the massive dents in them I would make homemade gliders out of them and use a similar technique to round off the edges of the wings.

Thank you, Hagoth-san! And gee!! I may have to pay you a patent fee.:eek:

I will handle this matter confidentially.:notworthy::notworthy:

Great trick with that foam Katsu-san...it looks much better now (y) :notworthy:

Thank you so much, joberg-san.

All the soldier's seats and the gun racks were done.
Now I'm thinking about the commanding officer's seat right behind the driver's seat.
Before I go for the driver's compartment(Nose section) I am going to do the paint job for the soldier's compartment.
Still, there's a long way ahead but your kind support is appreciated.

T5l7LlF.jpg

MaFdYvh.jpg

N0bFTKs.jpg

XHLFavE.jpg

AK2cnK1.jpg

Thank you always,

Katsu

PS: The work desk is maybe more than 90 years old. My mother's high school female classmate's husband was a graduate of the Naval Academy of Japanese Imperial Navy. He used this desk when he studied for the entrance examination at his age of 13 to 16. He gave it to me more than ten years ago. Today was happened to be his third death anniversary. Rest in peace, Mr. Taketsugu.

1608343426889.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back