A Companion Cube - A Build With Love

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Dainbramage546

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
While I was waiting for my roommate to finish wiring up one of our portal guns I decided to make a companion cube. My major gives me access to a full wood shop, making this a pretty simple build.

I started off by buying a 4' x 4' sheet of 1/2" plywood.

Step one, build the main cube. I have too much stuff in my apartment as it is so I settled on 12" for center cube. The top and bottom pieces are 12" x 12" and the sides are cut accordingly to even out to a 12" x 12" x 12" cube.

Next I cut out the side pieces.

That's where I stopped after a couple hours.

Day 2
I started gluing on the side pieces.

The big side pieces involved cutting off a triangle. I feel as if this was fate.

After a few hours of work, I ended up with this.

Unfortunately I didn't take very many picture but I plan on making another one or two of these so I'll take more pictures of the process for the next one.

Until I get a chance to finish the cube, it's sitting in my apartment doing this :lol

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.