5th annual Midwest prop party in Tulsa, OK.

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, it's that time again. This will be the 5th year in a row that I'm hosting this party and we always seem to have a pretty good time...though beer helps. :p
The party itself will be on Saturday, June 24th here in sunny Tulsa, Oklahoma. This year it will be co-hosted by our very own stephen 210 at his spacious estate.
Posting here is not neccesary but if you would like to attend just shoot me a PM for meeting times and directions. If you need a place to crash, I MAY be able to assist with that as well.
Also, during the day that Saturday, you may want to attend the Trek Expo (details below) and the party will be more of an evening thing. Just a reminder: There will be alcohol and cigars so bring children at your own risk. :lol

http://www.starbase21ok.com/trek_expo_2006.htm

I had planned on making it last year but it all kind of fell through. I guess I'll have to see how fuel prices are in a few weeks. :p (My bouncy ol' pickup sure is thirsty.) Looking forward to making it out there this year if possible. I really don't have anything much to show new but I look forward to seeing and handling a lot of cool stuff.

PJ

Maybe Darth Cynthia and Chris, and maybe Propfan would like to all get together to defray costs for the run up to Big T?? Anyone else in DFW wanna go?

So far we have 8 confirmed and rising. PJ, I'll see if Rick and Austin can give you a lift. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Jun 6 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]1257446[/snapback]</div>
So far we have 8 confirmed and rising. PJ, I'll see if Rick and Austin can give you a lift. :)
[/b]

Aren't they in or close to Norman? I'm in Dallas, remember... I'd just be coming up 75 to Durant then on up to Tulsa. Well, I have a bud here that might wanna come along so we can split the costs. I'll see how it turns out. Anyone else from Dallas wanna go?

pj

I'm in Arlington. I might be interested in going as well. I won't know if I can out of town that week end until we get a little closer to it.

Wuher Da Brewer...Hows it been? Haven't seen ya much at all since the party at your house. I think we should do this... Well, I'm in Grapevine. FtWorth and Arlington are very close... ok, who's got the most fuel efficient vehicle? Mine get's about 10mpg :p

pj

<div class='quotetop'>(PlanoJedi @ Jun 7 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1258031[/snapback]</div>
ok, who's got the most fuel efficient vehicle? Mine get's about 10mpg :p

pj
[/b]

I've got a 350Z. I get petty good mileage when I behave... I just misbehave most of the time. Problem being the Z doesn't haul anything but ass, and only two of those.

I've got a Subaru Forester. It sits four people comfortably plus has storage space and a travel rack on top. It gets good gas mileage too.

For the record, I drove up to Funky's place once from Plano. It was about four hours if I remember right. Left by 8:00a and was there by Noon. I'd be up for splitting gas and costs to get up there and have a good time with everyone...co'beer, whiskey...

Got my plane ticket already. :)

With the price of gas, it's actually cheaper for me to fly from Houston to Tulsa than to drive my gas guzzler V-8 muscle car :p

Can't wait to see all you guys in Tulsa and get tosted :D ..... Oh, and the Trek con would be cool too.

Nicholas

P.S. I wron't be bring any props to show off this time since I don't trust the airlines with my baggage anymore.

Sure I can carry the props on the plane with me... but I don't even want to think about what airport security will do to me when they see a big-a$$ Endo pulse plasma rifle sticking out of my backpack :eek

:lol

In response to a few PM'd questions, if you don't have room in your car or if you're flying, you are more than welcome to send props ahead to my address and they will be waiting for you here by the time you arrive. I'll be more than happy to send them back up to you on Monday.

Well, looks like I'm free for the weekend. I'd expected to be on call, but the boss said "get outta here." :) Never been to a Trek Con before...does this make me a sci-fi geek??? :lol

Who else is going?

pj

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Jun 11 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1260232[/snapback]</div>
In response to a few PM'd questions, if you don't have room in your car or if you're flying, you are more than welcome to send props ahead to my address and they will be waiting for you here by the time you arrive. I'll be more than happy to send them back up to you on Monday.
[/b]
Yeah, nice try Armando. Like anyone trusts a man with a Paul Rubens avatar. :lol

So what can we bring to this thing? Chips, dip, burgers, soda, etc, etc?

Watch it, Serenity Boy. Don't make me call your Dad.

Bring whatever you can. Food, soda, dessert, beer, cigars, bananas, unicycles, manhole covers, shoe inserts, heating pads, you know, the usual stuff.

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Jun 12 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1260738[/snapback]</div>
Watch it, Serenity Boy. Don't make me call your Dad.

Bring whatever you can. Food, soda, dessert, beer, cigars, bananas, unicycles, manhole covers, shoe inserts, heating pads, you know, the usual stuff.
[/b]

Just don't trust Armando to bring th GOOD stuff ... we're still getting over the one big disappointment of the last prop party, where he was responsible for the dancers and Halo helmet. ;)

ATM
ShackMan

I missed last year so I don't know what to expect. I did however make Evan's party and if that's any indication.... :thumbsup

Does anyone costume at the con? I mean, besides Trek apparel?

PJ

:cry I'm out. The server migration that was supposed to happen this week end has been bumped to the next. I know it will be difficult, but you guys try to have some fun with out me.

Take a lot of pics to share, please.

Yep, any and all costumes are welcome at the con. I hear there will even be a costume contest. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back