5th annual Midwest prop party in Tulsa, OK.

Discussion in 'Conventions and Prop Parties' started by Funky, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, it's that time again. This will be the 5th year in a row that I'm hosting this party and we always seem to have a pretty good time...though beer helps. :p
    The party itself will be on Saturday, June 24th here in sunny Tulsa, Oklahoma. This year it will be co-hosted by our very own stephen 210 at his spacious estate.
    Posting here is not neccesary but if you would like to attend just shoot me a PM for meeting times and directions. If you need a place to crash, I MAY be able to assist with that as well.
    Also, during the day that Saturday, you may want to attend the Trek Expo (details below) and the party will be more of an evening thing. Just a reminder: There will be alcohol and cigars so bring children at your own risk. :lol

http://www.starbase21ok.com/trek_expo_2006.htm

2. PlanoJedi

PlanoJedi Well-Known Member

I had planned on making it last year but it all kind of fell through. I guess I'll have to see how fuel prices are in a few weeks. :p (My bouncy ol' pickup sure is thirsty.) Looking forward to making it out there this year if possible. I really don't have anything much to show new but I look forward to seeing and handling a lot of cool stuff.

PJ

Maybe Darth Cynthia and Chris, and maybe Propfan would like to all get together to defray costs for the run up to Big T?? Anyone else in DFW wanna go?

3. Prop-Maker

Prop-Maker Well-Known Member

:cry I'm not gonna be able to make it... AGAIN. :cry

Guess I'll have to start makin' plans for next year's.

4. Funky

So far we have 8 confirmed and rising. PJ, I'll see if Rick and Austin can give you a lift. :)

5. PlanoJedi

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Jun 6 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]1257446[/snapback]</div>
    Aren't they in or close to Norman? I'm in Dallas, remember... I'd just be coming up 75 to Durant then on up to Tulsa. Well, I have a bud here that might wanna come along so we can split the costs. I'll see how it turns out. Anyone else from Dallas wanna go?

pj

6. wuher da brewer

wuher da brewer Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm in Fort Worth. I'd like to go.

7. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

I'm in Arlington. I might be interested in going as well. I won't know if I can out of town that week end until we get a little closer to it.

8. PlanoJedi

Wuher Da Brewer...Hows it been? Haven't seen ya much at all since the party at your house. I think we should do this... Well, I'm in Grapevine. FtWorth and Arlington are very close... ok, who's got the most fuel efficient vehicle? Mine get's about 10mpg :p

pj

9. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(PlanoJedi @ Jun 7 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1258031[/snapback]</div>
    I've got a 350Z. I get petty good mileage when I behave... I just misbehave most of the time. Problem being the Z doesn't haul anything but *, and only two of those.

10. wuher da brewer

I've got a Subaru Forester. It sits four people comfortably plus has storage space and a travel rack on top. It gets good gas mileage too.

11. PlanoJedi

For the record, I drove up to Funky's place once from Plano. It was about four hours if I remember right. Left by 8:00a and was there by Noon. I'd be up for splitting gas and costs to get up there and have a good time with everyone...co'beer, whiskey...

12. Houston Robocop

Houston Robocop Well-Known Member

Got my plane ticket already. :)

With the price of gas, it's actually cheaper for me to fly from Houston to Tulsa than to drive my gas guzzler V-8 muscle car :p

Can't wait to see all you guys in Tulsa and get tosted :D ..... Oh, and the Trek con would be cool too.

Nicholas

P.S. I wron't be bring any props to show off this time since I don't trust the airlines with my baggage anymore.

Sure I can carry the props on the plane with me... but I don't even want to think about what airport security will do to me when they see a big-a$$ Endo pulse plasma rifle sticking out of my backpack :eek

13. Funky

:lol

In response to a few PM'd questions, if you don't have room in your car or if you're flying, you are more than welcome to send props ahead to my address and they will be waiting for you here by the time you arrive. I'll be more than happy to send them back up to you on Monday.

14. PlanoJedi

Well, looks like I'm free for the weekend. I'd expected to be on call, but the boss said "get outta here." :) Never been to a Trek Con before...does this make me a sci-fi geek??? :lol

Who else is going?

pj

15. Endless Wonder

Endless Wonder Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Jun 11 2006, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1260232[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah, nice try Armando. Like anyone trusts a man with a Paul Rubens avatar. :lol

So what can we bring to this thing? Chips, dip, burgers, soda, etc, etc?

16. Funky

Watch it, Serenity Boy. Don't make me call your Dad.

Bring whatever you can. Food, soda, dessert, beer, cigars, bananas, unicycles, manhole covers, shoe inserts, heating pads, you know, the usual stuff.

17. ShackMan

ShackMan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Jun 12 2006, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1260738[/snapback]</div>
    Just don't trust Armando to bring th GOOD stuff ... we're still getting over the one big disappointment of the last prop party, where he was responsible for the dancers and Halo helmet. ;)

ATM
    ShackMan

18. PlanoJedi

I missed last year so I don't know what to expect. I did however make Evan's party and if that's any indication.... :thumbsup

Does anyone costume at the con? I mean, besides Trek apparel?

PJ

19. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

:cry I'm out. The server migration that was supposed to happen this week end has been bumped to the next. I know it will be difficult, but you guys try to have some fun with out me.

Take a lot of pics to share, please.

20. Funky

Yep, any and all costumes are welcome at the con. I hear there will even be a costume contest. :thumbsup

21. wuher da brewer

It's about a week a way now.

22. Houston Robocop

My baggs are already packed. :p

Nick

23. Houston Robocop

Since I'm flying I thought of sending my props ahead to Funky's place.

But I done't know who I can trust more.....

For the airline not to lose or damage my luggage.......

Or for Funky to sent my props back after the party :D

Nick :lol

24. eaviii

eaviii Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hopefully will be able to make it very cool- How far from Dallas to Tulsa?

Besides beer, anything?

Doc

25. wuher da brewer

I think it's about four hours from Dallas to Tulsa driving. You're welcome to go with us.

26. PlanoJedi

<div class='quotetop'>(wuher da brewer @ Jun 17 2006, 10:20 AM) [snapback]1263082[/snapback]</div>
    Yah, the more the merrier...and cheaper. ha. So we will be leaving DFW pretty early then? I left Plano at about 8:00 or a little after and got to Tulsa before noon. I got a couple of things in the mail this past week that I'm going to bring but they wont take much room.

PJ

27. prop fan

prop fan Well-Known Member

I am at Galveston Island about 45 miles south of Houston so it would be about a 10 hour drive for me...I like Houston Robo's Ideal about flying..it would be a lot cheaper.....Kevin, Rick and Auston are in OKC....If I know Funky and 210 it will be one heck of a fun party time

28. Funky

You're all welcome to come and yes, a good time will be had by all.
    PM me guys if you need my number. The plan as it stands will be going to the con around noon then heading to the party around 4. If you guys would like to bring something, let me know and I can send some suggestions, or just wait till you get here. :)

29. PlanoJedi

Charles, if you want to make the drive up to Dallas, I'm sure Evan wouldn't mind if you made the trip with us from here...provided there is enough room.

30. Funky

Okay, about three days away...last chance for any RSVP's...

31. Funky

Time is almost here. I'm very excited about this party. Again, PM me if anyone needs any info.

32. wuher da brewer

I still have every intention of coming. My dog has been sick for several weeks. She hasn't eaten since Monday. I'm really worried about her, but I don't know what more I can do for her if I stay home. She's not all that old, but she's suffering from a blood parasite. She's been on drugs for several weeks now and steroids for the last few days.

The worst thing about it all is I was hoping to finish up a few things so I could have some different things on hand to show. With this going on, I just haven't felt like working on it.

33. Funky

Evan, by all means, i've met your pup, very sweet dog. If you need to stay with her, I can certainly understand. If anything changes (hopefully she'll feel better) you've got a place to stay. :)

34. stephen210

stephen210 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Howdy all,

So what is our head count so far Funky?
    The wife is wanting to know for eats.
    THanks and look forward to see you all.
    Steve

35. PlanoJedi

Hey, ya have to take care of the important things in life...everything else is just stuffing. I'd like to go to the party, but if ya wind up needing to stay close to home I do understand and am totally fine with it. In fact, my girlfriend had hinted about going with her out of town but I told her I had plans...maybe we should put the trip off for both our sakes.

Armondo, would you and Evan both drop me a PM with your contact numbers just in case...

pj

36. stephen210

stephen210 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Guys.
    just wanted to say thanks to all the great guys and gals who showed up for the party.
    It is always so much fun putting faces with names and chatting the night away.
    I had a wonderful time and it was outstanding seeing all the cool props that were brought.
    Thanks again and look forward to doing it again real soon.
    Steve

37. Funky

As usual, smokin' party. Many beers were drunk, many stories were told, many butts were grabbed (or was that just Richie's?). Many thanks to our gracious host, stephen 210 for allowing us to come into his otherwise quiet life and turn it into a zoo for one night. I also want to apologive to Steve for lighting his grill on fire (yes, you read that correctly.) :lol If anyone took pics (and I think several people did) let's get to postin'.

38. RICHIES ARMOR

RICHIES ARMOR Sr Member

Ahh * pichin' delight...

Thanks Steve and Danita.

Richie

39. eaviii

eaviii Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Echoing the above (except the pinching stuff), a fantastic party and many many thanks to Steve and Danita- Fantastic to see everybody and to see everybody's stuff- Very cool, very talented folk- Thanks also to Armando and Carrie for putting us up- Evryone was fantastic all around--

Doc

40. JP05

JP05 Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(RICHIES ARMOR @ Jun 25 2006, 05:18 PM) [snapback]1268024[/snapback]</div>

That has got to be a midwestern thing........ :eek

So where are the pics .?.?.? :)

Steve

41. wuher da brewer

I don't have any pictures. Sorry.

I had a good time. It was good to get away for the party. It was very good to meet some new faces. Thanks again Steve and Danita for hosting us.

Thanks to Armando and Kerri for allowing me a place to stay.

Thank you Estil for driving us down in style.

42. Endless Wonder

Endless Wonder Sr Member

Somebody say pics?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (This was before he caught the grill on fire)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had a great time. Can't wait to do it again :D

43. Funky

Austin, great pics. When you guys put on the Members Only jackets and broke into old school 80's, I thought I was gonna pee. :lol :lol :lol

44. Prop-Maker

Prop-Maker Well-Known Member

It's good seeing everyone laughing and havin' a good time. I wish I could've been there. I WILL be at the next one and I'll be bringing my Matsucorp Pulse Rifle (I should have it by then).

Stephen... nice pad. One helluva grill, too.

45. 2nd_Rangers

2nd_Rangers New Member

Once again guys thanks for the party, especially Steve and Danita. :D I still feel a bit drunk. And OMG I LOOK REALLY FAT IN THOSE PICTURES.....WTF???? Guess its back to starvation for me again..LOL.... Hey if you guys need any military stuff send me a PM and I will see what I can do. Thanks, JC

46. Houston Robocop

Just flew back into Houston today and boy is my arms Tired. :p

Yet Aother great prop party for the books guys.

Big Thanks to Steve and Danita for hosting..... specially Danita for slaving over the grill and making her special cheese ball... Yummy :)

And even bigger thanks to Armando & Kerri for making their place into a bed and breakfest with first class service. :p

And to all who attended and brought food and beer, it was nice to see all of you in person.

Nicholas

I'll see some of you guys in plano in about 2 weeks :D

47. B-Movie Zombie

B-Movie Zombie Sr Member

Thanks Steve and Danita. I had a great time. Thanks Funky and Harmless, too.

48. B-Movie Zombie

B-Movie Zombie Sr Member

How do I post pics? :unsure

49. wuher da brewer

50. B-Movie Zombie

B-Movie Zombie Sr Member

Here are some of my pics for the Con.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]