5-foot Millennium Falcon - parts lists & complementary Info

manugu

Hi all,

I've started two documents listing all donor kit parts on Johns incredible maps (see this theread). Just wanted to check if it's feasible to start a digital kit library myselve and got carried away a bit counting all the parts. So I ended up with one spreadsheet listing kits and part IDs and a doc with reference pictures for each part and the in kit ID, since I was loosing track quickly. A bit fragmented, but works out for me that way.
With Johns speed I'm still lagging behind listing and checking everything, all work in progress and time is a very limited resource, as always. For instance, reference images of kit parts are updated up to Tamiya Ferrari 312B, kit #144 in Coffmann Kit Nubers :) . Not all recent map updates are considered. Further updates will be slow!

Some disclaimers: I have no single kit myselve and do not plan to get any! All info in these documents is gathered from here (as in: TheRPF) or the links given and publically available. Expect errors, typos and misconceptions in these documents, done by me.

And no, starting a digital kit library is hell of a task. Way over my head. 718 individual parts up to now, 1681 parts in total, from 107 kits. I have to wait and see what miracles others can work to get my 2.5 foot super detailed Falcon replica one day...

So here's the links:
Spreadsheet: Millennium Falcon - kit list
Document: PartList
Drive: Falcon_kits_and_pieces

Manu

Last edited:
Hi! Great work! A LOT of work!!! Haha! And I should also say that John's work has been amazing too! I am in awe every time I have visited the RPF over the years with all the amazing, talented people that have put so much time and effort into all of these projects! But I have to say I most fond of the Falcon work that's been done. The amount of research everyone has put into this up to this point, I want to thank them all! An unbelievable effort... on the research side, and the build side!

I looked through the kit list (the word doc) and wanted to know: Can you not find, or are you missing the kits scans for anything that has no scan photos of parts attached? There are a lot of kits labeled that have no part photos, so I'm just curious. I'm in the process of scanning everything I have and thought maybe I would start scanning based on what you don't have in your list so I don't have to throw up repeats.

When I decide to scan something, I try to search the intranets to see if I'm wasting my time with certain kits that may already be available to the masses. So if I can go off your list, I can avoid repeats if you know what I mean? I do have every kit that you don't have labeled. But you may be behind in attaching photos too, so some of those scans may be on the internet already. And I know there's a lot of kits missing from all our lists still and much more work to do! Ugh!

And great job linking the parts map photos in the spreadsheet. I've been working on so many other things, and that was on my list too. So that will save me some time here. So thank you for taking the time to do that and sharing it! I can only view the whole spreadsheet directly from your link. It doesn't allow you to download a copy of it and save it locally to view. Don't know if you know that? And figured I'd let you know if not.

Jason

Last edited:
Very cool man ! Any help in organizing all this info is a good thing. John's thread is the penultimate source for all things 5 footer. I second the motion that you make the file downloadable. Many people have to beg or borrow Internet access, and it's nice to be able to view offline. It's up to you of course. Great work, hope the dream of a 3d parts repository comes true. I can contribute if it does. But I'm pretty sure someone has already built the models that I have, and probably better, lol.

Thanks Jason & bwayne64!

Yes, this place is great, easy to get lost here with all the marvelous projects and talent all around!

About missing part info in the doc from Tamiya Ferrari 312B (#144) on: I just didn't have the time to insert yet. The document I started much later and tried to catch up as good as I could while woking on the spreadsheet. Whenever I put something there from that point on it ended also in the doc, that's the reason some parts are already there beyond #144. ~200+ parts still missing, all Tamiya kits. Will come eventually. You can actually suggest images if you feel like it directly within the document, I'll happily accept them ;)

My main source for Kit scans is scifikitbash.com, and the KIT SCANS thread here. Links listed in the spreadsheet, in the kits tab. I listed the best resource I could find there in the 'kit scans' column. John helped massively with that, big thanks again! It's empty if there was no good source, so if you have a kit listed there but without an entry in the 'kit scans' column, a scan would be much appreciated :). Also if you have better resources than some off-the-chart webpages from wayback.

For me everything is downloadable, also without beeing logged in to a google account. Spreadsheet below 1MB, but document ~250 MB, so I can't easily put that here. But it took some minutes until everithing was allocated and downloaded, maybe try again and give it some time? Can't really reduce the size with all the images there. Hope we'll find a workable solution.

And yes, I've seen great 3D parts around! Let's see what the future brings!

Best
Manu

… just realized that a few minutes ago I added the Tyrell Ford Elf part scans from you, bwayne64 and updated info based on your Centurion scans, Jason! :)
Thanks both!
Anything I can do to help! Coming this late to the game it's hard to find something to contribute that hasn't already been done before! I'm walking in the footsteps of Giants here, so to say!

I'm adding kits, slowly... but surely! ;) These are on the current docket while I have them out:

The kits on the green mat are part of the "Project." (At least I'm pretty sure they all are.)

The kits on the gray mat are not part of the Falcon, at least I don't think they are at this point in my research. (I may be wrong, and I won't be afraid to admit it if I am!) But someone may come along and correct me... (Please do!) I'm going to scan them anyway while I have them out. The gray mat kits I'll put up at SciFi only for now, unless someone tells me otherwise. I don't want to confuse anyone. I'm confused enough already myself! Haha!

I don't recall right now whether any of these kits are listed in your docs yet, or not. But they'll be here for future reference when needed.

Jason

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 183
When and if you get into Ssm there are kits scans out the ying yang over there. You'll have fun. ; )

Cool about the spreadsheet, just having pics of all the parts is a big help. Not having to jump between kit scans and websites. Between John and you and a few others, this thing is gonna be nailed up. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
When and if you get into Ssm there are kits scans out the ying yang over there. You'll have fun. ; )
I've sent a couple emails the last couple months, and no reply... :( If I can make the cut, maybe it would free up some time to do other things! Haha!

Sorry to hear that. Wish I could get you in, but I'm just a member not a mod. Jase is probably just busy with life stuff. Don't know what to say , except keep trying. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, lol.

Sorry to hear that. Wish I could get you in, but I'm just a member not a mod. Jase is probably just busy with life stuff. Don't know what to say , except keep trying. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, lol.
I hit him up on Facebook too. 1 email a month. Don't want to wear out my welcome, before I am welcomed! I was hoping my name alone was subliminal enough for him to accept me right away. Haha! Us 70's kids have to stick together! Haven't seen a new baby named Jason since.

Hey Manugu! Just navigating a bit through your amazing documents! I can't imagine the time you put into that organizing everything. You're doing a great job!

Anyways, if you look at the shot I attached I'm assuming that this is the easiest way for me to figure what we don't have yet for scans (in red)? If no scan link, we don't have any good ones? Just trying to narrow down what scans are missing so I can start there when I'm finished with these here. After those are done, maybe I'll re-scan the crappy ones that are linked so we have better shots. And I'm sure that list isn't totally populated yet? I haven't gotten that deep into it yet.

Thanks!
Jason
Manugu Spreadsheet Missing Scans.jpg

The whole reason I started scifikitbash.com was that I was afraid that someday SSModeler will disappear. (that and I hate having to open a new window for every pic) There are so many good scans over there. So, if you have some scans, please send them to our site.

Last edited:
Hey Manugu! Just navigating a bit through your amazing documents! I can't imagine the time you put into that organizing everything. You're doing a great job!

Anyways, if you look at the shot I attached I'm assuming that this is the easiest way for me to figure what we don't have yet for scans (in red)? If no scan link, we don't have any good ones? Just trying to narrow down what scans are missing so I can start there when I'm finished with these here. After those are done, maybe I'll re-scan the crappy ones that are linked so we have better shots. And I'm sure that list isn't totally populated yet? I haven't gotten that deep into it yet.

Thanks!
Jason
View attachment 1674944
Hi Jason,
yes that list is a start, but please also check the usual places before making yourselve all that effort! No listing does not necessary mean there is no good reference. For instance I have found Valkyre images, at least I have them on my harddrive, but forgot to put the link there obviously. So the images must be around (somewhere).
If you find some kit images publically available that are not listed here, please feel free to comment in the spreadsheet. By publishing it here it's not mine alone any more.
Manu

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back