4' ID4 alien attacker, resin and fiberglass

leplante

I just came across a 4ft model of the alien attacker from the independence day movie. The person selling the model states that the model is resin and fiberglass. It is also presented as a studio scale replica. I have always loved this design and I am thinking about buying it, but it is pretty expensive. I wonder does anyone know who produced a studio scale replica and if so was it high quality.

Years ago Icon's Authentic Replicas produced the Alien Attacker ship from ID4, I thought they were very nice but couldn't afford one at the time.

What is it selling for, if I may ask?

I'm betting that:

A.) Its an Icons, and
B.) Its not quite four feet

Icons made the studio-scale attacker and it was more like 2'-3', wing tip to wing tip. n my liited experience with it, it seemed to be one of their better offerings...

yeah - thats what I thought.

Was about to buy one - but Its hard to tell what the paint job is like in photos.

Im going to wait till I see one in person...if that ever happens,

guy has the mother ship, been wanting that, but its a copy,and not at the price hes asking for. Hes one town over from my parents, i should ask if i can look in person.

Yes we did mold a 4' but it was decided that the 2 footer would be a better seller. Fox gave us crates of molds with all sorts of wacky things in them. They had molds for minature radios, TV's etc for the explosion scenes in NYC. I just had a Free contest for a SS scale ID4 Troop Transport as the grand prize.

Sorry I had to bug out on my own thread but duty called. This is reportedly an unfinished model and the guy wants at least twenty one hundred for it there are pictures but I dont want to break any forum rules and I cant remember what they are concerning links to things that people are selling. I really am curious about the origin of this and I know that the RPF is the place to go when you are looking for an expert in this field. I found this while looking for an ICONS reproduction, does any one know how many of these ICONS produced. Also I would love to see some pictures. Like I stated earlier I really want one of these.

Sent you an Email. For the record We had access to the molds and I remember seeing about 4 or 5 molded. They were not sold to the public. I recall one being hung from the ceiling at Comicon in SD in 1995 being chased by a 5 foot F-18 that I painted. Fox gave us the molds along with a tom of other molds so management decided to cast a couple for fun. The Chaucer one is the production 2 footer and the most common one out there. If someone has the 4 footer its defiantly not something you see everyday.

Sorry I had to bug out on my own thread but duty called. This is reportedly an unfinished model and the guy wants at least twenty one hundred for it there are pictures but I dont want to break any forum rules and I cant remember what they are concerning links to things that people are selling. I really am curious about the origin of this and I know that the RPF is the place to go when you are looking for an expert in this field. I found this while looking for an ICONS reproduction, does any one know how many of these ICONS produced. Also I would love to see some pictures. Like I stated earlier I really want one of these.

Guys,

The ebay seller is none other than our former member here, saintg.

I don't know the source of these, but he has been know to be an intermediary before for those who wish t remain anonymous.

It is a kick ass piece, and if I had the $$ I'd be all over it . . .

Ryan

I was sitting there with my finger on the buy it now button sweating. I wanted it so bad, but there just wasn't enough information. If I am going to spend that much money, I need to know more. At the very least I would need to have some really great photos.

The ones I watched and helped cast were in Black resin. The molds were not made for repetitive useage and thus we only got 4 or 5 pulls out of them without fear of them totally giving out. They were on loan from Fox thus we didnt want to destroy them. This could have been pulled after the molds were returned or a recast off of the few that we did.

Last edited:
The ones I watched and helped cast were in Black resin. The molds were not made for repetitive useage and thus we only got 4 or 5 pulls out of them without fear of them totally giving out. They were on loan from Fox thus we didnt want to destroy them. This could have been pulled after the molds were returned or a recast off of the few that we did.

Thank you for the info. I would love to see some of these out on the market. I think that the price that was being asked was probably a little high but I may have done it if I had a better idea of quality. I was imagining myself opening a box and being disappointed 2100 dollars later. Thats a lot of disappointment for a working stiff. Thats close to a MR Replicas finished product price.

Without close up pics, I would bee leary also. The molds we had were clean but starting to shrink and tear. Thats why only a few were pulled.

Thank you for the info. I would love to see some of these out on the market. I think that the price that was being asked was probably a little high but I may have done it if I had a better idea of quality. I was imagining myself opening a box and being disappointed 2100 dollars later. Thats a lot of disappointment for a working stiff. Thats close to a MR Replicas finished product price.

How many of the two foot models did ICONS produce and how much did those sell for ?

The price for the 2 foot model was right around 1000.00. I do not know how many were actually made total. I do know that they did not finish there run of them because I had one on order, which I did not get because they went belly up. :angry

I lost 1000.00 on that deal. :angry :cry :angry :cry :angry

I would still like to get a 2 footer, but the idea of paying another 1000.00 for one does not thrill me. :unsure

I am sure you will find one somewhere if you want it. There was a 2 footer in the Junkyard a week or 2 ago, most likely sold by now though.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back