3x Slave 1 Model Kit Builds with Archive-X

skahtul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For streaking; I use the lead of a pencil (grinded to a fine dust almost) then apply it with a fine make-up Q-Tip. Total control and if you don't like it; an eraser will do the trick (y) Thanks a bunch for an extensive tuto/paint tricks and results:cool::cool:

Thanks for the tip, I will have to give that a try. If anyone has any recommendations on gluing down canopies or getting them clear again I am all ears... I really had a hard time and could not get this canopy to stick.. I tried normal cement and the crystal clear gorilla glue, then while I was messing with it I scratched it then tried to buff it out and really it pretty much went downhill from there :)

I always have issues trying to get parts down after painting as I find it difficult to clean the areas enough to really get things to stick.

skahtul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Now, onto the rear section! This is basically the same process and colors I used previously so I won't go into a lot of details. I did make a few adjustments though. I used Light Green, mixed 50/50 Rust and Boxcar Red for the engine shrouds, I used the color Mud on the upper part of the win strut and finally misted it the same way I did the upper section with Dark Grime followed by Concrete.

IMG_20220514_152642465.jpg

That Reefer White over the Armour Yellow really gives you that creamy color:

IMG_20220514_154808822.jpg

IMG_20220514_230015345.jpg

IMG_20220515_113103854_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220515_143305336_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220514_233025807_HDR.jpg

And finally, the interior is painted and installed. Now you can see why I usually black our my canopies :)

IMG_20220515_003936859.jpg

Analyzer

Master Member
Love the final results.

As far as the canopy, you can use Tamiya polishing compound/clothes (or similar if you find something at a home improvement/craft store)

This video covers the process pretty nicely

even if you don;t go through all 3 levels of polish, you will see a notable difference after the first

You can also try dipping it in "Future"

branded like this last time I saw

joberg

Master Member
Yep...some heavy breathing by our friend BF in that cockpit:lol: It's fixable for sure as Analyser said it: Tamiya polishing compound(y)

skahtul

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Love the final results.

As far as the canopy, you can use Tamiya polishing compound/clothes (or similar if you find something at a home improvement/craft store)

This video covers the process pretty nicely

even if you don;t go through all 3 levels of polish, you will see a notable difference after the first

You can also try dipping it in "Future"

branded like this last time I saw

Thank you, I will snag some of that for sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.