3rd Season TNG Cobra Head Phaser FINISHED!

Well the dolphins had them iirc

Hopefully Mike will chime in

Can anyone verify that that is indeed a screen-used piece? I spoke to one of the TNG guys at one of the SoCal prop parties and he couldn't remember for certain if they ever put lights in the later models. So I can't discount it. But I also can't remember a time when I ever saw the lights on the later models on screen. Again, I could be wrong.

Yeah, I know those had lights for sure. I'm specifically talking about the later cobra head. There were two different sculpts. The first one that showed up in season 3 looked sort of bloated and had a larger emitter (the one I have here). It's also the only sculpt (I believe) that had lights in it that were seen on screen. The second sculpt was the one that's more commonly seen. It was a more angular sculpt and the emitter was shrunken down a bit to fit better in the holsters. These showed up (I believe) around season 5 and lasted the rest of the show, and were also seen on DS9 and Voyager. Most of these didn't have the power meter on them, and I don't think they were ever seen on screen with functional LED's being used.

The auction that Anakin Starkiller posted looks like the later sculpt, but has a functional power meter on it. But I have no idea if that was ever seen on screen, or if it was even production made. There's a lot of fakes out there, particularly in the Trek prop world.

Well the dolphins had them iirc

Hopefully Mike will chime in

That 4th season hero phaser was a prototype and is written about here: https://www.yourprops.com/Type-2-Co...Trek-The-Next-Generation-TV-1987-YP60171.html

This is likely the phaser mentioned in post #9 in this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=127756&p=1914245&viewfull=1#post1914245

I thought there was a thread here talking about it but now I can't find it. Maybe the owner will pop up and write a bit more about it :)

BTW, your 3rd season hero build looks wonderful, Ryan. I was just re-reading this thread last month and it inspired me to get going on converting one of Myron's kits into this style :)

Mr Nagata,

Love your work, really quite good.
Wonder if you could help me out, I have been looking to make one for myself., only thing is I can't find a decent idea of the correct dimensions, overall length, height and width.

Will take a shot if I have to but do you remember where you got yours from or did you just wing it?

Hope you can help me out,

Matt.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back