3D printing Pred parts

For real? So let s say a design was made in a 3D program and the files can be made into 3D with this machine? I wanna print a War Machine armor out of this, can it be done?

Yes for real. There are limitations due to size- my machine will only produce parts in ABS (or PLA) that will fit into a 6in x 6in x 3in space so it's pretty small. There are larger machines made by companies like ZCorp that could produce much larger parts but they are big $$$. It would be extremely expensive to make a complete set of War Machine armor- that's how they made the initial suits for Iron Man 2 and then molded them to make additional parts.

You never cease to amaze me Honus :p
Glad we have a member of your brain caliber on our site o_O
can't wait to see what you're going to don with carl's abck pack and canon :rolleyes:

If you think that's neat just wait till I get around to making a DIY TIG welder using a car alternator and an old tablesaw electric motor... :rolleyes:

I lucked out the other day too- my machinist buddy gave me a 24" x 42" x 3/8" thick piece of Mic 6 cast Aluminum tooling plate that was ground flat to within .001" over its entire surface. It has a bunch of tiny holes drilled through a large area as it was used for vacuum tooling- it would make a killer vacuum former base or the base plate for a larger CNC mill. He also gave me some gigantic heat sinks as well. It's not every day that someone gives you several hundred dollars worth of Aluminum for free. o_O

Maybe because on top of being your friend he can see the "genius" in you and wants to know what you can Mcguyver out of it.Knowing you, you will turn out some crazy useful stuff :)

Just send me into a junkyard with this and I'm good to go!

Macgyver_Multitool.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh-oh, brother. Start saving again. Talk about the ability to "recast", sheesh: Cut-rate, webcam-based 3D scanner coming soon to a MakerBot store near you

Seriously, though, this really has the potential to take any action figure, scan it, pull it into 3D editing, scale it, and start printing out costume parts. Now, I'm not condoning that, I'm just sayin'...

I do see the benefit in being able to scan one's entire body and create (Albeit, slowly) 'print' a full-size version of oneself for future modeling purposes. Probably more expensive than a duck tape dummy, though...

For anyone who is interested, i have a guy here really close to me who can laserscan and 3d print just about anything. I just had him scan a complete lifesized body torso sculpture that I did and print it in 1/3 scale. Turned out fantastic and the prices are very reasonable.
PM me for details.

For anyone who is interested, i have a guy here really close to me who can laserscan and 3d print just about anything. I just had him scan a complete lifesized body torso sculpture that I did and print it in 1/3 scale. Turned out fantastic and the prices are very reasonable.
PM me for details.
any pics of thr full size torso and the 1/3 scale one ?
thanks

I want one that makes Bubba burgers...

I second that

and for real... ive been wanting one of these since I first heard of them. They've made a huge amount of progress. I could only imagine what I could do if I had the ability to make it in 3D and use this type of machine. :)

Damn all pred armor parts be easy to make But wonder whats the time on each part to make on those new printers. I remember they had a printer like this, where I use to work, Took 1 fully day to make a light housing. They made prototypes to put on display.....

Hope link works

http://96.125.172.87/products/129

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back