3D printing Pred parts

hands up if you wanted an 3d printer
*Puts Hand up*
Really its amazing tool wish that I chould afford one :) just imagine the items that I chould make!!

That is some pretty cool software. Hell, you could go into any museum and shoot whatever you wanted, go home, and replicate it. The technology has soooo much potential, yet, I foresee "Evil Doers" screwing it up for the rest of us. Mark my words, though: it will catch on with the adult film industry before anyone else...

And even Art is quoted in the article! Ah, how neato...

Honestly, I have been wondering when the first hit would take place. Makerbots have been around for a while and I'm really rather surprised it has taken this long for someone to piss off the industry. My gut feeling is that it's because they had already planned on selling the cubes. However, I really did not think it would be this sort of object or even this movie. I was thinking more along the lines of fan-made action figures, specifically Transformers...

I guess the big question that has been resolved is: Does the industry really watch "these" sites that closely? The answer being a solid, "YES."

Oh, and the video at the end: Yeah, THAT was funny...

Not unlikely it will get more affordable for light users in about 5-10 years.

If the resolution is about 170-200 DPI in three dimensions, this will be killer for making small parts for costuming.

Yes, this has been used in many ways! I still think my favorite creation was... a guy used a 3D printer... to make 3D printers. and it worked! haha. He would make the pieces, write up instructions on how to assemble it and sell them as a cheap alternative to dumping thousands. Naturally it was nowhere near as good as the rea deal but a really funny concept.

If I had 20,000 like brad said... it would be an investment worth making because the options are endless.

@TehEl1te yes i have seen a video of a guy build a new 3d printer and upgrades using a other 3d printer... and I was like WOW!!! a self replicate machine!

Regarding the DPI on 3d printers.
I have notice a video of someone making a human skull from a cat scan that was I would say at a guess 1/6 of scale (made from ABS), still looked good but still can see ridges...but when doing a 1:1 scale you chould see that there were a vast improvement regarding the smoothness and overrall looked way better.

IMO, I think that its the same issue that you have with current ink printers (you can only print so small before you start to lose detail). But I'm sure an higer DPI would help even if its small or large lol

But other things that I have come across is of course the material as some on the 3d printer suggest using thinner Filament to get a better finnish.
Of course this is one way of making a 3d object, and the reason that I have been looking ABS or PLA (I don't know what the differances at the moment) is that they seem to be the cheapest at the moment.

Also I did find this one
http://www.reprapcentral.com/vmchk/Mendel/...lypage.tpl.html
So far this is the largest one that I have seen, but I unable to find any reviews or any pictures of a end product from it. But even on the website its claims that its able to do a darth varder helemt in 1:1 scale has sparked my intrest lol, So I will be calling them up or email them to see if they can send a picture of it, as they don't have a picture on the website which is a shame.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back