37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

It's 8cm :(

IMG_3452.JPG

I'm sad. :cry I ordered the complete set and the domes and bridge are perfect. The nose piece is a focal point of the ship!

Hi everybody.

I'm really sorry about this issue! I'm really astonished because I've mistaken to give to the nose the right dimensions.
I'm reworking the nose to fit the right dimensions. Now is 70 x 38.5 mm approximately.

As I've redesigned the nose, I've reworked also all the back, hollowing all the parts on the backside to reduce the amount of resin used. Less resin, lesser the price. The price now has dropped a lot...

The nose is now online. Please, PM me and I will give to you a new link of the part.

Very sorry again.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, i received mine right at the moment - same Problem, it´s 83 mm wide ;-(

Hello.

I apologize for the issue.
I've redesigned totally the part and now it has the right dimensions. I'm very sorry for my mistake.
Please, PM me and I will give to you the new link.

Very sorry again.

You Know this is a great piece sometime with modeling s_ _ _ _ happens Ive missized a part or two on a johnny five I was building which turned out just like him, I still have the molds to this model. also the prototype which Ive built but still haven't painted him, I think it looks cool in primer. Robiwon and FZ6 you guys have made some super parts for one star ship that has been a big part of my life so KUDOS !!!!!!! to both of you and keep on modeling. As said before can't wait to see whats around the corner. Thanks Jim

Thanks for the comments Kermet. I was shocked to see the part was the wrong size as well. I'm glad Tony reacted quickly and took the part down from SW to fix the size issue. I've looked at the new dimensions and it has been fixed.

Last edited:
Hello Robiwon, Hello FZ6,
the ones who bought the Version with the wrong dimensions, do they get the correct Version for free ?

Hi again!

Yes, I will send to you a new corrected free one. Just send me a PM with your postal address please.

OK?

It will take some time as SW has to send the part to me and after that I have to resend it to you. One month more or less.

Many thanks for your support and help

Hi Guys, can anyone tell me where I can track down high resolution photos or good images of the original studio scale filming model? (ie. lighting details and upper hull details). I want to do some extra detailing to Mike's already fantastic kit. I really appreciate the help.

Patrick

Thanks guys, that's a great start. I appreciate it. I wonder how the guys that build the big Studio Scale samples come up with their awesome details, not to mention how Mike researched his? I keep hearing people mention parts lists and publicly posted resources but haven't had a lot of luck in finding details. They must scour available photos and blow them up. Absolutely amazing stuff. I am in wonder of their talents.

Oh, and Vader, just want to thank you for an earlier post regarding fiber optics. I forgot to thank you. I ordered a bunch. Thank you again.

Patrick

Hi warfare,
go to Resin illuminati (you have to Register), there you can find part lists of every Detail of a studioscale galactica.

Here's One look up Jim Crevelings Battle Star Galactica he did a great job on his studio scale model I did all my studys on his thinking of doing my own studio scale model, but man buying all the kits is getting hard to do any more I think just to build the nose is over a thousand dollars so that changed my mind so thanks to Mike we now have a chance a owning a great half studio scale model but Jim has many photos of his model great study pics. Thanks Jim

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back