37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Hello everyone,
I have been trying to get my name put on a list to order this bad boy. I have my payment burning a hole in my pocket, I need to spend it before my girlfriend finds and wars to buy something with it. Can anyone help me get a hold of Mr salzo? I have sent him PMs and posted on this forum.

hope some one can help.

I really wished I could help you guys out,all I did was to keep PM'ing him and he finally got back to me,all I can really tell you to do is just keep sending him a PM..

Clarence

Hey Guys, sorry i have been dealing with a bit of a health issue, not model related, I have a mrsa skin infection, likely from the gym, I may need to be hospitalized tomorrow. I will update everyone as I can.
thanks
mike

Hey Guys, sorry i have been dealing with a bit of a health issue, not model related, I have a mrsa skin infection, likely from the gym, I may need to be hospitalized tomorrow. I will update everyone as I can.
thanks
mike

My prayers go out to you Mike on a speedy recovery and get well soon..

Clarence

Last edited:
Ouch.... that really sucks Mike......

On the bright side though, if the doctor is an idiot and accidentally amputates your head, that will certainly drive up the resale value of all your model kits instantly!!!! (for those of us who love you and bought your work) .:b

Of course...... I wish you and your family all the best.....

MRSA is nothing to joke around with that's for sure. I lost my mother to a MRSA infection she picked up in the hospital. It can make your blood go septic and then that's all she wrote. However, some people can be carriers for life and only get a few outbreaks here and there. Mike, I know this illness all to well I'm afraid. My stepdaughter and her two babies are all carriers.

Best of luck, well wishes, and prayers sent your way....

Wow Mike, take it easy and get well. As said your health is the most important thing ! Love to see the x-wing but only if your full strength.

P.S. credit where credit due... I never said "OMG" so many times as I did un-boxing your BSG kit! Truly awesome !!!

thanks
mike

That's terrible news Mike. I hope that you get better soon!

Thanks everyone I appreciate it. So an update, mostly good news for now, knock on wood it says that way.

I managed to stay out of inpatient hospital stays, but had 2 emergency room visits for emergency antibiotic infusions. After the first and some improvement, along with an initial negative on the mrsa culture, my diagnosis was changed to a poisonous brown recluse spider, or wolf spider bite, with resulting infection and necrotic skin issues. Hopefully the 2nd mrsa culture remains negative. The doctor was able to see the bite better after the first emergency infusion because my arm was so messed up at first. Hopefully the 2 infusions and the strong oral antibiotic that i am on now will keep me well. I don't want to say i am out of the woods yet but i am cautiously hopeful.

The tiny bit of bad news, and i do consider it tiny at this point. There has been some tissue damage to my elbow joint, so i need to take it easy for a couple days with the casting. Locking down pressure pots with a damaged elbow is no fun. The good news is that I will try to stay productive by making the last of the x wing molds and doing some light scratchbuilding work on stuff like th 1/24 TOS Raider that i have been neglecting lately.

I'll keep everyone updated as i can, and thanks again for the well wishes.
mike

Mike, glad to hear that, so far, it isn't MRSA. A brown recluse bite is bad but can be treated a lot better. Take it easy on the elbow, you don't want to do any more damage. We can all wait for your products and would prefer you to recover peacefully with no stress. Hoping for a speedy recovery anyway.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back