37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

New printer, new test parts, I'm happy with these test shots. I signed off on them and will now have my printer print these in black. Much thinner walls than before, practically no artifacts to clean up, should be install ready in just a few minutes of clean up. Final production parts will be printed in black.

http://i58.tinypic.com/x5xfe9.jpg
I don't like you anymore Robert !!!...LOL...you got a new printer wow....now you can do a lot of stuff for props and models now !!!...

These are some cool parts for sure, nice fit for the engine bays. Have you seen the cool base Couger has made changes colors good stuff for sure. How are you hooking up your plug in power system, this is what I would like to do on mine. Thanks Jim

Thanks Guy!

Kermit, for the most part, any wiring I do I will do in parallel. I'm using a 3v 1amp regulated power supply to light 10 LEDs in my Moebius Raider. It's held up just fine. When I get to the Galactica I will use a 9v 1amp power supply for it. In addition to all the 3v LEDs in the model there will be at least one board that operates at 9v, so I need enough voltage to power it. I'll need to step the voltage down to 3v for the LEDs by using appropriate resistors.

106n3ug.jpg

Nice Raider, Man very cool x-wing on the other thread and this,Robiwon your a great modeler for SURE!!!!! Got how you are doing your wiring good stuff for sure and thanks for the advice all will help. Like I've said I'm following some great modelers Thanks Jim

Thanks Kermit! Lots of great modelers here, some of the best!

Edit- I just looked at the first page. It's been just over 1 year since this thread was stared on Sept. 2 2013!

Last edited:
Just recieved my kit today, I can not stress this enough even though you have all heard it before. This kit is HUGE! Wow.

Thanks Mike, this is just an amazing kit.

Silly question - If I have a warped piece but no pot big enough to boil it in, can I put it in the oven at 100 degrees C?

Ken

Just recieved my kit today, I can not stress this enough even though you have all heard it before. This kit is HUGE! Wow.

Thanks Mike, this is just an amazing kit.

Glad to see you got your BSG today it is such a amazing kit and Mike did a amazing job on the details..

Clarence

@ Ken since you do not have a pot big enough you could always use your bath tub you can get the water hot enough,I know are water is hot enough out of the tap to burn your self on it..

I've been trying to get Galactica since I first read the post,Help please!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm not pm ing correctly no responses in wanted or Mike's email. Any assistance would appreciated,thanks

I've been trying to get Galactica since I first read the post,Help please!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm not pm ing correctly no responses in wanted or Mike's email. Any assistance would appreciated,thanks

All I did was pm Mike through the pm system on the forum and he got back to me even though it take a few days for him to get back to me,all I can say is keep trying to PM him.The last I talked to Mike he has been extremely busy with doing molds for his new project the X-Wing,when was the last time you sent him a PM?

You can PM or E-mail here..http://www.therpf.com/members/mslz22/

Clarence

Just click over his name in his thread and click send message, that will do and as Robiwon said Mike is into alot casting and no telling what but give him time and he will answer, this is a great kit to have I cant wait to get mine, while you wait start doing research on fiber optics and such check out the other builds like Ive said alot of Great Modelers here to follow. Thanks Jim

I'm starting to rethink the whole 0.5 fiber optics thing. My pin vise won't even hold the drill bit. It's so small. What is everyone else doing?

Ken

I'm starting to rethink the whole 0.5 fiber optics thing. My pin vise won't even hold the drill bit. It's so small. What is everyone else doing?

Ken

Hello Ken, do you have a Dremel? this may do the trick for you,if not I have one of these electric drill that might work,I can not be certain I have to get some 0.5 drill bits so when I start my build..

Here is the drill I am talking about..This is a great drill to have for any model builder out there,oh yeah this drill you have to put it together like you do a model..

http://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-74041-Electric-Handy-Drill/dp/B000J46WZ4

Here is video of the dril.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back