37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

I took some time yesterday and went through the parts.
I couldnt believe what I had on my hands, so much resin in one kit, so many big parts and so well casted as expected from Mike. After seeing all this that I am getting in one kit at this price, I felt like I was cheating on the seller, really!

Mike thank you very much for this, and when you have some time, please let us know where the small parts go?:confused

Kostas

Oh man, i was going to post pics, but im concernd about your health mate. Dont want you to faint again :)

Just seat tight, i will post something later

PS: couple decals are included

Robert,

here couple close-ups, specially for you

Galactica_Kit_9.jpg

Galactica_Kit_1.jpg

Galactica_Kit_10.jpg

Hey everyone, so i think i just got back to everyone, but of course my box was full again, just deleted a bunch of messages so if you tried to get to me, or get back to me, and did not get a response, please try again.

So right now i am going to say I am getting ready to wrap up on taking orders soon, if you have been in touch with me, or even PM'd me, your fine and will be able to take care of those orders. Anything past this weekend, and i will likely halt kits until springtime, it's getting cold out in the shop, and while i will still be casting some stuff thru the winter, I am going to try to cast just a few days a week.

It's a matter of how long it takes to heat the shop up, if i only have 3 or 4 hrs to work because of my schedule with the kids or something, it's just time better served finishing my galactica, finishing new patterns etc. Plus it's expensive in heat to do all that for just a few hours of work, so i plan on sticking to days i know i have 8 or 9 hours of real time.

thanks
mike

Couple of questions Mike. The title of this thread is TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2. #2? What was #1? Any more build pictures of your personal kit? I'm saving your "build" pictures for reference. What size gas pipe are you using as a mount? Is that the recommended mounting method? Recommended size for FO? And last, 'bout how much does it weigh? Looking forward to more. I know your busy casting like crazy though!

Has anyone started a build yet?

Last edited:
I have been documenting my build pretty well and will cover most of this real soon. I have a stretch of 4 or 5 days right now that are pretty mild by Dec standards so i am going to cast as much as i can for a few days. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow if i can find some downtime.
thanks
mike

Couple of questions Mike. The title of this thread is TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2. #2? What was #1? Any more build pictures of your personal kit? I'm saving your "build" pictures for reference. What size gas pipe are you using as a mount? Is that the recommended mounting method? Recommended size for FO? And last, 'bout how much does it weigh? Looking forward to more. I know your busy casting like crazy though!

Has anyone started a build yet?

Hello mike hope all is well sorry I'm coming in a bit late on this I've been away and only just seen the model your building.
Could you please let me know if you are still taking orders and the cost as well

Thanks a lot

Sean

Yeah I likely need to hold any new orders until like late Feb, does not mean it's gone forever, just want to wrap up for the 2 months it's very cold here. Early March I should be back up and running.

thanks
mike

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back