37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

In that link I didn't see anything about Vipers. The landing bay, launch tubes, decals and plaques are $70. Where did you find Vipers?

he has not listed them on his site or the mm site as yet. they need to be molded still
I sent an e-mail to clarify the total cost for everything.

Last edited:
Good deal. Not real interested in the landing bay as that can be scratched for a lot less. But, for mini Vipers, that would be cool if they were available separately.

the vipers alone are $20 for 8
he still needs to mold the ONE he has and cast 8, then make a mold of 8

small vipers.jpg

Last edited:
i assume he is taking $ for the vipers, he has not mentioned anything about doing shuttles.
mikes kit is amazing, one thing is for sure, there will be many add on kits/parts coming up for sale for this ship

so if you want the total parts set from randy, it's $120
it includes, the bays, plaques, decals, and 8 small shuttles.

Last edited:
the vipers alone are $20 for 8
he still needs to mold the ONE he has and cast 8, then make a mold of 8

View attachment 285806

I maybe wrong as I am not confident with the inch system, but aren't they too big ?

I have scratched some Viper and Raider in 1/700~1/730th for a diorama with the 1/2-studio scale Cylon Tanker, and the Viper is 1.2 cm long, which seems very near in length to Randy one, supposedly ~1/2000th scale.

Um. I'm with knightdriver2001 on this; I'm afraid those work out to pretty close to 77 feet long in 'real life' at the scale of this kit.

If a Viper is <> 30' long, a 1/1970 version should be less than 5mm long.

Got my email too. The Vipers don't look half bad. They're way off indoors anyway so I don't think I'm too bothered by their scale. If I was going to have any outside the ship I might do something.

Guess I could make up some tiny ones for Shapeways 3D print, if anyone's really keen. At that scale they might be kinda blocky.

Another quick general update, according to the news we are in the middle of a top 10 bad winter, so i am still behind on shipping a bit, more because of being stuck at home with the kids on snowdays and delay days (another 2 hr delay today!!!!), rather than being behind on casting.

Starting today we will hit about 4 or 5 days of 40+ degrees, so i am hoping to have big burst of productivity and shipping.

Thanks for everyone who is being patient, winter is hard to predict around here, sometimes we are OK, other times we get hammered. I'm really, really desperate for spring at this point.

mike

I hear you Mike, winter has been real hard here in KY this year. We have to somehow survive thru the upper 60's today. Oh the pain......

My kit arrives tomorrow! Giggity!

Another quick general update, according to the news we are in the middle of a top 10 bad winter, so i am still behind on shipping a bit, more because of being stuck at home with the kids on snowdays and delay days (another 2 hr delay today!!!!), rather than being behind on casting.

Starting today we will hit about 4 or 5 days of 40+ degrees, so i am hoping to have big burst of productivity and shipping.

Thanks for everyone who is being patient, winter is hard to predict around here, sometimes we are OK, other times we get hammered. I'm really, really desperate for spring at this point.

mike

Hello Mike,

Is there any chance you can get back to me on the PM I sent you ASAP please,Randy Cooper told me to contact you..

I really like the work your doing on the BSG...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back