Limited Run 2nd Run "RUN CLOSED"

Re: 2nd Run Obi ANH Crystal chamber ( Now Taking Payments ) RUN CLOSED

Thanks guys,

will be packing up the rest this weekend all should be shipped out next week !

2nd Run Obi ANH Crystal chamber ( Now Taking Payments ) RUN CLOSED

Just a quick note for those of you who need to buy the bolts... The correct bolt threading is ⅜-16.

I would suggest getting bolts that are a little longer, perhaps either 2.25" or 2.5" long... I just got home from the hardware store and found that 2" isn't long enough... Also pay a little bit more and buy "Flange Bolts" as the flange acts as a built in washer on the emitter side... On the sink knob side, you will still need 1 or 2 washers, but the flange makes it much more stable.

I will report back tomorrow once I have picked up new bolts and will edit this post... I have a funny feeling that one 2.25" (sink knob) and one 2.5" (emitter) will be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

I will also take a scorched one if nobody else wants.

As for the bolts. For my static version I just took the threaded rod (that's comes with the saber from Roman) to HD found some washers and nuts that fit, ran it through the end of saber with all pieces held together then cut the rod to perfect length with my Dremel, then did the same thing with the other end. I figured I won't be needing the rod ever again and saved me the few $$ on the flanged bolts (total of $0.40).

Mmm, bolts were included with the previous run, if I'm not mistaken. Just needed to buy some washers to to make the perfect fit. That was it...

List updated,

The following please let me know what your user id is here on the RPF
Lee Jarrett
Jamie Kerr
Tyler Leighty
Nicholas Dargus
Patricio Castro LLanos
Robert Kirk Fredrichs
Jim Friend

PM sent. Thanks!

List updated,

The following please let me know what your user id is here on the RPF
Lee Jarrett
Jamie Kerr
Tyler Leighty
Nicholas Dargus
Patricio Castro LLanos
Robert Kirk Fredrichs
Jim Friend

I am Robert Kirk Fredrichs and my RPF ID here is boochydog. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for such an amazing product.

Attachments

• IMG_4879.JPG
    IMG_4879.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

I am very late on that one. it looks beautiful. Well done. Is there by any chance one still available ?

Envoyé de mon PLK-L01 en utilisant Tapatalk

Mine arrived yesterday as well - swapped out the crystal for one I found at a craft store. Holy cow I love this thing! Thank you so much for doing this run.

20170115_102407-1.jpg 20170115_102424-1.jpg

Last edited:

List updated, should have all shipped out by Wed.!

Thanks everyone for you patience hope you guys enjoy..

- - - Updated - - -

I am very late on that one. it looks beautiful. Well done. Is there by any chance one still available ?

I do have a couple left they are scorched versions..

Some pics of my finished "reveal" saber. I got the first chamber from Spirit of ob1, and then got the replacement spacer part so I could screw in the transistors. It was a bit of a challenge to remove the old spacer, because the chamber itself was pretty tight in the spacer. But I manged to replace it without any damage.

I also replaced the transparent "crystal" by a blue one. I got the exact same acrylic bar as the original crystal, but in blue. I sanded a nice point to it and polished the point so all sides of the crystal are shiny.

Second thing I did was sawing a pice of one of the trasistors, so it could nicely screw into the one hole in the spacer that's not that deep. Damaged the head of the transistor a bit, even though I used padding on my pliers to hold the transistor. So I sanded that transistor down with very fine grain sanding paper and also polished it again to the same shine as it was before. Looks like new again, now.

Last thing I did was adding some transparant tape on the edges of the bubble strip to keep it in place inside the clamp (even when it's open), so it doesn't slide out when opening up the saber to reveal the crystal.

Very happy with the result:

View attachment 696558 View attachment 696559 View attachment 696560

View attachment 696561 View attachment 696562
Looks beautiful. How did you manage to make the crystal blue?
Thanks for your tipp

The original crystal was cut from an clear acrylic bar. I just looked for a blue acrylic bar of the same size, and cut out a crystal myself. In fact just saw off the correct length, used sanding paper to sand it to a tip, used finer and finer grain sanding paper and finally used polising compound to have the sides of the tip clear, so it looks like a real crystal.

I still have some material left to make two more blue crystals. If I find the time, I'll finish these and offer them at the junkyard later on...

The original crystal was cut from an clear acrylic bar. I just looked for a blue acrylic bar of the same size, and cut out a crystal myself. In fact just saw off the correct length, used sanding paper to sand it to a tip, used finer and finer grain sanding paper and finally used polising compound to have the sides of the tip clear, so it looks like a real crystal.

I still have some material left to make two more blue crystals. If I find the time, I'll finish these and offer them at the junkyard later on...
Thanks for your answer

Dear all, which size of Allen key do I need to screw the parts together? Thanks

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back