Limited Run 2nd Run "RUN CLOSED"

Re: 2nd Run Obi ANH Crystal chamber ( Interest Thread )

i think i am going with the AFBB version. having a shiny hilt like that with this crystal chamber will look epic on display. :)

It works with any of the versions but personally I am going with the Chrome/ Oxide. Originally I had a weathered, but when this chamber became available for a 2nd run I switched for an AFBB version. I think it will look amazing with any version. The second one will go in either a machine or weather since its a gift for someone and why not save a few bucks. (Im buying the 2nd one for my bro in law) Which version are you going with?

After receiving some help and the right tools, I kept playing around with it and finally got it off. We would need to file/sand down the bottom notches inside the clamp in order for the holes to line up with the post and only the bottom transistor would be able to screw in.

Yea I was talking with the shop and the only way to make holes on the spacer is to file down the tabs on the graflex clamps. currently lookin for other options.

I already filed mines down lol It wasn't hard but for guys who interchange parts a lot it may be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since were at 29 please make me number 30 so we can get this started! (I'm in for 2 now)

And my kit from Roman arrived today! I honestly can say this chamber is the only thing that can make the saber any better.

Last edited:

Just to know: are you also planning something about that suggestion I did (hollow spacer with an extra bar with holes, so you can fix the Graflex clamp to it, by screwing the transistors through that extra bar and fixing them with nuts on the inside)? Would be really interested in such a piece, and maybe quite some people from the first run would be interested too...

ok from what I understand, this second run is only for the FX version. However My Saber is a static one. Am I gonna be able to work something out to make it function or is the only solution getting an FX kit from Roman?
(sorry for the dumb question. I've just been away from this project and not sure where I stand)

I am interested either way. Even if it means having to order another Romans kits.

My Saber is a static one. Am I gonna be able to work something out to make it function?
(sorry for the dumb question. I've just been away from this project and not sure where I stand)

Yes. Rudy mentioned this somewhere up above (unless it was in the other thread - it's getting hard to keep track of stuff here). You'll need a couple of bolts - simple.

The only difference between the FX and Static was it came with bolts, but sending the bolts added and extra 10.00 in shipping charges because of weight.

But basically you will just need 2 2inch bolts and some washers for the static version :)

The problem with adding a second bar with holes for the transistors is ( pics uploading )

1. People will have to mod the graflex clamp by filing down the tabs.
20160505_125218_zpspdtg81dk.jpg

2. the chamber will be suck in 1 position and will not be able to display the chamber however they want as of now you can choose which side you want to show. a hole will have to be drilled into the chamber.
As of now you can turn the chamber to show either side.
20160505_125144_zpsjkmmmegg.jpg

20160505_125135_zpskbjw8nnm.jpg

3. If we don't decide to file the tabs the bars will be too thin, and the shop will increase the price.

20160505_125255_zpskv2jszdb.jpg

20160505_125202_zpspbax2ls4.jpg

Let me know what you guys think? I'm uploading pics now to kinda show what I'm talking about

Last edited:

Honestly I liked the original design. If it keeps the price where it is I would vote to leave it. I would rather not file down the tabs, if it comes to that I will, but would like to use a vintage clamp on mine.

Yeah the way it is now is fine too. Especially if it keeps the cost down. I wasn't even really that sure on how much it would cost to add the hole. It just takes a bit more work if someone wanted to mod it. But totally doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am not going to say i totally understand this potential change, but i would prefer to not have to file down the tabs as well. if the ultimate display can look as it does in post #1 without having to add the extra hole and it would prevent filing the tabs on the clamp, i am fine with that.

Rudy, will the decorative rods come spiral cut in this production run like in your last photos? They look great.

Hi, I'm very interested in this kit for a flash based saber, even if it's just the core part. Could you tell me the dimensions of the kit? The inner diameter of the tube it has to fit in is a smidge over 35mm / 1 3/8"

Thanks!

Hi, if it's not too late, I'd very much like to be added to the list for this.

It was hunting for a crystal chamber for a Romans Obi FX that led me to discover this forum just the other day, so hoping this could work out to be perfect timing... :)

Sent ya a PM about my switch and battery component... need some guidance as everything is so small I'm not sure what goes where - not sure I even have the soldering skills for that small... but then I've never tried soldering, heh.

*Fun fact... just learned how solder is spelled

Rudy, will the decorative rods come spiral cut in this production run like in your last photos? They look great.

No I changed mine out to copper rods in the front and the spiral ones I was gonna offer but they were way to expensive to produce.
I have about 50 that ive salvaged

- - - Updated - - -

Hey neo, I sent a few replies I'm not sure if you getting them. can you email me direct to Rudyvillalpando@aol.com
here is a quick drawing :)

board_zpsa5c8th72.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Hi, I'm very interested in this kit for a flash based saber, even if it's just the core part. Could you tell me the dimensions of the kit? The inner diameter of the tube it has to fit in is a smidge over 35mm / 1 3/8"

Thanks!

Hi, the tube is a little over 27 mm

Spirit of ob1 said:
1. People will have to mod the graflex clamp by filing down the tabs.
Mmm, good point. That's not a good solution.
Spirit of ob1 said:
2. the chamber will be suck in 1 position and will not be able to display the chamber however they want as of now you can choose which side you want to show. a hole will have to be drilled into the chamber. As of now you can turn the chamber to show either side.
Since the spacer part and the actual chamber are seperate parts, and the spacer is fixed to the chamber with a set screw, isn't it possible to just unscrew the set screw, twist the chamber in the spacer, and screw the set screw again?
Spirit of ob1 said:
3. If we don't decide to file the tabs the bars will be too thin, and the shop will increase the price.
I guess the problem really is the hollow spacer, there. If the company could make a solid spacer, like the one Roman is offering (with screw holes for Roman's transistytors, but just with a threaded part for the booster to screw onto, and on the other side the correct dimensions to put the chamber on it with the set screw, that would be an ideal solution for the people with a non-fx saber. I guess such a part would even be easier to create than the hollow spacer as it is right now, no?

I'll try to upload some pics to show what I mean...

Here are some pics of how a solid part to fix the clamp to, could look like:

1. Pic of the chamber as it is now, with below the solid spacer from Romans Empire:

Chamber01.jpg

Some quick and dirty photoshopping of how that part (in red square) could look like: a bit less long, but with thread on the left part, and on the recht space to fit the chamber in there with a set screw:

Chamber02.jpg

Normally, when unscrewing this set screw, it should be possible to remove the hollow spacer, and replace it by a solid one, I guess?

Chamber03.jpg

I thried it on mine, but the hollow spacer fits really thight on the rest of the chamber. Didn'ty wat to put too much force on it right now, but if Spirit of orb would consider doing a run of such solid parts to fix the clamp too, I'd defenitely want one. Didn't find a good solution to fixate the clamp until now, and also don't want to cut of the thread part of the trasistors to glue them on...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back