24 The Movie - FINALLY!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Monster Dave, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Quoted From Collider:

[​IMG]

"A feature film adaptation of the Fox series 24 has been promised for quite some time now. Originally the plan was to head into the movie directly after the show’s final season, but it’s been a bit of a tough road to production with numerous stops and starts. Deadline now reports that things have picked back up once again and the goal is to start filming after star Kiefer Sutherland’s availability opens up next April. Fox passed on the original script by Billy Ray (Shattered Glass), but the latest draft by Mark Bomback (The Wolverine) is set to be turned in by the end of the year, after which the search will begin for a director.

Tony Scott was previously attached to direct, but he’s no longer involved. Producer Brian Grazer and the studio have “about five directors in mind” to take over the job, though Deadline doesn’t specify who they’re looking at. The original take had Jack Bauer heading to Europe, but we don’t know if Bomback’s take maintains that general plotline or takes the film in another direction. Whether or not this spring start date will stick is anyone’s guess, but as of now everyone’s favorite torturer seems poised to grace the silver screen sooner rather than later."

FINALLY!!!

2. protokev DMD

protokev DMD Sr Member

While itd be impractical to do a whole film in real time and still have a bunch of cool things happen, It would be nice to have the climax and the ending in real time.

3. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

I hear the terrorist hide in christmas trees

[​IMG]

4. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

This is such great news IMO - I loved 24 and always thought that they should do a movie. It just seemed like a 'no-brainer'.

Besides, we need to see more Jack Bauer kicking butt!!!

5. Shade88

Shade88 Well-Known Member

About time! Yay!:love

6. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

Indeed. I believe I heard a couple of years back (when the concept of a 24 film was first thrown around), that the first half of the film would be "movie time" (in which typical events occur in the span of minutes like every other film), and that the last hour would be "real time."

But I think I can sum up the picture in two sentences of dialogue:

"WHERE'S THE BOMB!?!"

"DAMMIT!!!"

Kevin

7. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

^LOL

That's a riot!!

8. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

I don't think a two hour adventure in the same format is that unrealistic, but a sped up time line in the same format would also work.

9. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Heres hoping Keiffer can stay out of trouble for the shoot!

10. protokev DMD

protokev DMD Sr Member

They did do it with the redemption tv movie, but I feel that I'd want more story unveiling than could happen in two hours. But the end Definitley needs to be in real time.

I can imagine sitting in the theater when the screen goes black, and the words come over the screen...

"the following takes place between....events occur in real time"

I'm still sad they killed off Rack Bauer.

11. thegreatgalling

thegreatgalling Sr Member

Yeah, I liked her character.

12. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

Cool! My demands are that Elisha Cuthbert be in it, and be running around in a tanktop. Also no ridiculous White House invasions, which caused me to stop watching that season.

13. Stansfield

Stansfield Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

***** JAMZ :D

I always thought a cool concept would be to do a whole "season" of 24 at the movie theater with a 2-hour movie premiering each month in real time. Would kinda bring back the feel of the old serials.

14. Celtic007

Celtic007 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Aside from paying like $120 bucks to go see them all :lol

I'm happy this is finally officially happening.

15. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Now there's a unique idea!! I'd be in for that - a movie series that's actually a regular series!!

16. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Well-Known Member

in the rain.

17. Sean Hebein

Sean Hebein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Cuthbert is fun to look at but her character annoyed the crap out of me. How many times can one character be kidnapped?

18. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

:lol

Agreed!!

19. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

[​IMG]

YES! According to Keifer, filming will start at the end of April and the film will be a direct continuation from the finale set only 6 months after the series wrapped!

20. Wolfie138

Wolfie138 Well-Known Member

i'd kidnap her :love

21. ShadowX81

ShadowX81 Well-Known Member

I loved this series initially, but somewhere around season 4 it became obvious that they stopped planning out seasons in advace and just started writing episode to episode. Because of this, any aspect of the "real time" format dissapeared. It became less about a singular plotline, and more about how many "twists" they could cram into every episode.

The last straw for me came when a nuclear bomb went off in the middle of LA, and an hour later life in the city was back to normal. And then when Jack's brother died, and he didn't care at all. Theres being a badass character, and then there is just being ridiculously inhuman. Jack started as one, and ended up as the other.

22. GCLAMBERT89

GCLAMBERT89 Active Member

Id give anything to hear jack say;

"WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!"

I do hate what they did to Tony on season 7, really * me off. Either keep him a hero or leave him dead. Would of been great to see him on the big screen having Jack's back.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  23. Prop Collector

Prop Collector Well-Known Member

This show died years ago. What will a movie do for it?

24. Shade88

First off, the movie was in the talks for several years. Second of all there is still a fanbase large enough to warrant a movie for it. And third of all: Season 8 had a very "open" ending that has hinted towards more 24 related content, so the story is not over. :love

25. Galactifan

Galactifan Sr Member

Bring back Nina Meyers for the movie. Yeah, that'll be cool.
    - "tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock"

26. Shade88

But... (Spoilers)

Nina is dead, how could she come back?

27. Apollo

The same way Tony was dead and came back! :lol

28. Shade88

But with Tony it was plausible, with Nina, well Jack was the one who shot her repeatedly. :lol

29. Apollo

:lol Not in my book :lol

About as plausible as having bring back Nina with, "Jack your weapon was loaded with blanks!"

But hey the show is a guilty pleasure.

I used to love torturing my friend who is a retired U.S.S.S. Agent who Protected 4 Presidents.

That show used to drive him up the wall! :lol

30. Shade88

My other main concern with Nina is that it's been too long to bring her back, Tony was only "dead" for two seasons... Nina has been dead since... S3? Or was it S4?

31. great1

great1 Well-Known Member

Update from today.

32. mmarlon brando

mmarlon brando Active Member

^^^ I read this earlier. Seems these things always come down to money. I like that they don't explicitly state that it's over, but for all intents and purposes it is. Especially if Touch turns out to be as huge as some are predicting.

33. Lost21stJedi

Lost21stJedi Well-Known Member

If they showed it in real time, they could call it "2"

34. NormanF

NormanF Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I don't think I can watch a movie for an entire day. Especially if I drink a lot of coke when it first starts.

35. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

This * me off....what are they (FOX) worried about - this is as sure of a thing as Transformers was....

:facepalm