24 The Movie - FINALLY!!!

Monster Dave

Sr Member
Quoted From Collider:

24-slice.jpg

"A feature film adaptation of the Fox series 24 has been promised for quite some time now. Originally the plan was to head into the movie directly after the show’s final season, but it’s been a bit of a tough road to production with numerous stops and starts. Deadline now reports that things have picked back up once again and the goal is to start filming after star Kiefer Sutherland’s availability opens up next April. Fox passed on the original script by Billy Ray (Shattered Glass), but the latest draft by Mark Bomback (The Wolverine) is set to be turned in by the end of the year, after which the search will begin for a director.

Tony Scott was previously attached to direct, but he’s no longer involved. Producer Brian Grazer and the studio have “about five directors in mind” to take over the job, though Deadline doesn’t specify who they’re looking at. The original take had Jack Bauer heading to Europe, but we don’t know if Bomback’s take maintains that general plotline or takes the film in another direction. Whether or not this spring start date will stick is anyone’s guess, but as of now everyone’s favorite torturer seems poised to grace the silver screen sooner rather than later."

FINALLY!!!

While itd be impractical to do a whole film in real time and still have a bunch of cool things happen, It would be nice to have the climax and the ending in real time.

This is such great news IMO - I loved 24 and always thought that they should do a movie. It just seemed like a 'no-brainer'.

Besides, we need to see more Jack Bauer kicking butt!!!

While itd be impractical to do a whole film in real time and still have a bunch of cool things happen, It would be nice to have the climax and the ending in real time.

Indeed. I believe I heard a couple of years back (when the concept of a 24 film was first thrown around), that the first half of the film would be "movie time" (in which typical events occur in the span of minutes like every other film), and that the last hour would be "real time."

But I think I can sum up the picture in two sentences of dialogue:

"WHERE'S THE BOMB!?!"

"DAMMIT!!!"

Kevin

I don't think a two hour adventure in the same format is that unrealistic, but a sped up time line in the same format would also work.

I don't think a two hour adventure in the same format is that unrealistic, but a sped up time line in the same format would also work.

They did do it with the redemption tv movie, but I feel that I'd want more story unveiling than could happen in two hours. But the end Definitley needs to be in real time.

I can imagine sitting in the theater when the screen goes black, and the words come over the screen...

"the following takes place between....events occur in real time"

I'm still sad they killed off Rack Bauer.

Cool! My demands are that Elisha Cuthbert be in it, and be running around in a tanktop. Also no ridiculous White House invasions, which caused me to stop watching that season.

***** JAMZ :D

I always thought a cool concept would be to do a whole "season" of 24 at the movie theater with a 2-hour movie premiering each month in real time. Would kinda bring back the feel of the old serials.

I always thought a cool concept would be to do a whole "season" of 24 at the movie theater with a 2-hour movie premiering each month in real time. Would kinda bring back the feel of the old serials.

Aside from paying like $120 bucks to go see them all :lol

I'm happy this is finally officially happening.

Now there's a unique idea!! I'd be in for that - a movie series that's actually a regular series!!

Cuthbert is fun to look at but her character annoyed the crap out of me. How many times can one character be kidnapped?

slice_24_jack_bauer_keifer_sutherland_01.jpg

YES! According to Keifer, filming will start at the end of April and the film will be a direct continuation from the finale set only 6 months after the series wrapped!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back