2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

I received my Gift. While I do not have a picture yet I just want to say Thank you so much Santa. I received two grab bag mini-bobble head X-Men Figures. I was lucky enough to Get two Wolverines, One of them was the Classic Yellow Spandex Wolverine and the other was a Days of Future Past Wolverine. Both of them are Awesome!! I am gong to put them on my window ledge as soon as I return to class. I also received a Doctor Who Blow Up Ball. I am going to hang it up from the ceiling like a globe. Thank you so much Santa You Rock. i will get a picture up soon.

I think I may have received my gift today, as I got a small package directly from Amazon that says there is a gift inside :D

Of course there's a chance it's not from my Secret Santa, so I'm dying to open it immediately, as I can't stop trying to imagine what it is :lol The box is 10"x7"x4" and only 8oz (and the box has gotta be at least ½ of that weight), so I have no idea what it could be. I really hope that whatever it is doesn't damage easily
praying.gif
because as usual with Amazon's packaging there is plenty of empty space (I can hear it sliding around inside).

I'm going to try and wait until Christmas Eve to open it though :)

That is NIIIIIICE! I very nearly bought one myself a few months ago. But now seeing one in a real life setting not just studio lighting it looks just as good. So now I'm gonna have to get one. I guess it'll be my gift to myself this year...... along with everything else ive bought myself this year:D

Well done SS...... well done indeed.

I got home yesterday to find my SS gift waiting for me in a really big box.

So I opened it up and pulled out my gift, nicely wrapped, with a message, that was awesome and fitting.

View attachment 692359
View attachment 692360

So after ripping off the paper, I found an expertly crafted cardboard box
View attachment 692364

Finally, I got myself a knife and opened up to find the shiniest plush ever!!!
View attachment 692361

I've seen the product advertised before and thought it was pritty kool, but didn't have one already.

View attachment 692362

It's so cool, I love it, and coincidently I was wearing an appropriat shirt. The shuttles ever come out of it. Sooo koooll. sorry for the rotated photo.

Thanks SS, from the Cap :)

I received mine yesterday, and proceeded to open it, duh!

1.jpg

Cool Avengers paper!

2.jpg

These are the best resources ever, thanks!

3.JPG

I've been wanting to check the SHIELD comics out, and now I have the perfect opportunity!

4.JPG

I had seen these before and was thinking about picking them up, but now I'm glad I didn't.

5.JPG 6.jpg

A great Secret Santa offering, top notch! Thanks good sir/madam, these are appreciated!

Alright, so this is LONG overdue and I apologize for the delay.

I was at my father's house for his birthday in early December and he told me he had a gift for ME. "Wha?" I ask. He says it's the same guy that gave me the Moonraker wrist gun last year.

He brings out a big shipping tube and points his camera at me. :lol

There's a letter which reads:

"Michael,

On behalf of the RPF members involved in this years Secret Santa gift exchange I'd like to offer you this small token of the huge appreciation we feel for all the hard work you put into setting it up and all the headaches you have to endure chasing up late posters.

I hope you like it and that it goes well with your Jeep although you'll need to talc up your beard a little to really play the part.

Welcome to Jurassic Park.....

Have a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year.

From..... Your Super Secret Santa"

I opened up the package to reveal this:

20161219_230950.jpg

It's truly beautiful! Thank you so much! I have to ask though, how bad do you think all of you guys are that I need a gift of this scale to make up for it? :lol I am truly appreciative and whether this was a group effort or a solo one you should identify yourself so that I can thank you properly!

This year was truly one of the hardest I've ever been through with medical issues and the near ending of my marriage (NEAR, we're saving it). When I was younger, I hated Christmas. Bad things always happened around this time and it was rough at my place. Not a lot of happy memories if I'm honest. Then when I had kids I decided I wasn't going to pass that on and it grew better.

Then I started doing this exchange here...

I have to tell you, you guys are amazing. Every year I see the thought and care that goes into gifts for people who in reality are complete strangers and it fills me with what the Christmas spirit should be, putting a smile on someone's face. You guys truly warm my heart. Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

Pardon me... Someone must be cutting onions over here. Lol

Hey Michael.... are you sure thats not your High Roller Super Secret Santa GIFT...:lol:lol:lol

I get what you mean about strangers all getting together to enjoy the Spirit of Christmas. And happy to hear things are getting better for you and thank you for sharing that with us (bloody onions are everywhere).

Personally I think I'd prefer the name Phantom Santa...... or abbreviated to Phanta?..... Oh wait.... that sounds like a soft Drink. Super Secret Santa it is then. Do we draw Super Secret lots to see who next years Super Secret Santa is to upset Michael again?

Looking forward to it already:thumbsup

Alright, so this is LONG overdue and I apologize for the delay.

I was at my father's house for his birthday in early December and he told me he had a gift for ME. "Wha?" I ask. He says it's the same guy that gave me the Moonraker wrist gun last year.

He brings out a big shipping tube and points his camera at me. :lol

There's a letter which reads:

"Michael,

On behalf of the RPF members involved in this years Secret Santa gift exchange I'd like to offer you this small token of the huge appreciation we feel for all the hard work you put into setting it up and all the headaches you have to endure chasing up late posters.

I hope you like it and that it goes well with your Jeep although you'll need to talc up your beard a little to really play the part.

Welcome to Jurassic Park.....

Have a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year.

From..... Your Super Secret Santa"

I opened up the package to reveal this:

View attachment 692514

It's truly beautiful! Thank you so much! I have to ask though, how bad do you think all of you guys are that I need a gift of this scale to make up for it? :lol I am truly appreciative and whether this was a group effort or a solo one you should identify yourself so that I can thank you properly!

This year was truly one of the hardest I've ever been through with medical issues and the near ending of my marriage (NEAR, we're saving it). When I was younger, I hated Christmas. Bad things always happened around this time and it was rough at my place. Not a lot of happy memories if I'm honest. Then when I had kids I decided I wasn't going to pass that on and it grew better.

Then I started doing this exchange here...

I have to tell you, you guys are amazing. Every year I see the thought and care that goes into gifts for people who in reality are complete strangers and it fills me with what the Christmas spirit should be, putting a smile on someone's face. You guys truly warm my heart. Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

Pardon me... Someone must be cutting onions over here. Lol

Sooooooo..... its Christmas Eve! Are all of you O"pening on Christmas Evers" gonna make us wait even longer?

Please please please........ open em up and show em off. We are all waiting.....:D

My gift arrived today! Nick of time. :)

Thank you Santa! Will be opening on Christmas!

I'm doing a lot of running around this weekend so updates to the list will be made on Monday!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

A package arrived today!

IMG_0721.JPG

I opened it, because its Christmas Eve! I can open presents on Christmas Eve! There was a note on top.

IMG_0722.JPG

Sweet set of packages in Marvel paper.

IMG_0723.JPG

Inside were a set of Civil War and Dr. Strange mini posters, a Large Iron Man Mark VII print, a Film Cell framed Age of Ultron display (with a cell of the Big Man himself), an Iron Man comic, and a Disney Infinity Darth Vader 3.0. Now I can thrash the kiddos like Vader at the end of Rogue One! They have no idea what they are in for!

IMG_0724.JPG

THANKS SANTA!!!

What I mean by bad santa was that technically if all goes well Michael won't have to chase anyone down and put the clamps on them. That particular incident of the missing santa I believe was taken care of allready so is technically a non issue for the event. Unlike previous years where some members were celebrating in February.
I believe I was the "missing Santa." The issue was that I signed-up A) while traveling and B) not knowing that between last year and this, the RPF software had stopped talking to my ISP. In short, my mind was elsewhere and I wasn't receiving any reminders. By the time I got home and thought to check-in with Michael, it was too late. Best I could do was A) change the eddress associated with my account and B) volunteer to cover if there were a problem.

Flash forward and there's a problem. So at Michael's prompting, this went out a couple of days ago.

RPF-ss'16-LO_RES.jpg

Have a great holiday everyone!

Even more awesome. I Just love being a part of something with the best of people. In years past it has taken from the magic when someone flakes and I am so happy to see a year when ALL involved lived up to their word and leave no one behind.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back