2013 Northwest Indiana Prop Makers Meetup?

I think Ft. Wayne could work well, being that there could be more people to attend, but to reserve a ballroom, we would have to pool some funds from everyone attending to reserve it, but if we do, then we could have a bigger party of sorts, get more people to attend, something that I wasn't really considering, but would be nice.

And Ft. Wayne kind of is two and a half hours away from me, so........ (we need a lot of people on this for everyone to get there and be happy :p )

-Seth

Yes!! We could get a smaller type ballroom or larger conference room for around 500.00 for the weekend, maybe a little more maybe a little less. Since we'd be renting our rooms at the same hotel they may offer a nice package deal.

I'm in. Just set up a plan and a cost and we can divide that by however many of us are going.

I think we need to start a commitee to oversee this if we take this as far as suggested (don't take that rude, but serious ;) ).

Someone delagated to spread the word, do the 'shopping' and to organize any of the other details like parking, hotels, etc.

Feedback?

-Seth

Please don't go out of your way just for my attendance. Make your event wherever works for you and if I can make it I will! :)

In my experience a committe never works. It takes one person that says "I'm gonna do this" and then does. It's a lot of work but it's worth it.

Start like this:

- Pick a place and a date

- Find out how much the venue would cost

- With that info post the time, location, and approx. cost per person

From there if you get enough interest book the venue and go. :)

The Toronto Prop Party is in an event room at a local hotel. Other places to look are legion halls, school gymnasiums, etc.

Go for something that gives you a good amount of space and is cheap. That usually means a little outside a major city. Venues like that almost always have lots of parking and also space if anyone brings prop vehichles.

Also (geeze, three posts in as many minutes, lol)...

Plan some activities if you can. They help things feel more interactive than just looking at props. A raffle is always nice and generates extra funds. Ask for donations for the prizes.

If someone is coming that has a special skill get them to give a demonstration.

So far I only count 6 interested, it may be early to start booking ballrooms!;) I'm about 6 hours away, but I would definitely make the trip for a post Halloween party. You guys on FB spread the word! We used to host halloween parties for 50-100 guests every year, if there were more propers close to me I'd love to resurrect that tradition, and make it a Prop/costume party :D
Edit: :lol you posted 3 times since I started typing this Mike!

I think it escalates too quickly for reality. The beat idea would be to find a parade or charity event and have everyone who wants in on the meet up to participate in that or the charity.

Seth

If we can get enough ppl interested and locked in I will help in any way possible to make it happen.
The best resource would be to team up with a preexisting convention. Like maybe. Horror or sci-fi con. But those tables are outrageous!!!

We will make it work!

I think we need to look at several different cities for the conventions/events, if all else fails, maybe we could set up a meeting for Gen Con in Indianapolis, I for one (budget willing) will be going to it in August, so that's just another option we have.

-Seth

Well we gotta start contacting places and ppl. To see if we can unite with them or find our own venue. The yr is already quater or the way done. Gotta advertise.

Haha, yeah, I asked who was up for it on the 405th Midwestern Facebook page (I admin on that page with a few others) didn't get any bites, once we get an actual event inind then we will be able to add more specifics about the ad.

Seth

Haha, yeah, I asked who was up for it on the 405th Midwestern Facebook page (I admin on that page with a few others) didn't get any bites, once we get an actual event inind then we will be able to add more specifics about the ad.

Seth

That's the key. Obviously don't book anything but you're not going to get any bites without a date, venue, and price estimate to give people.

If it happens and if I'm available and if it's not too far South I will do my damnest to make it. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back