2013 Calgary Comic Expo (April 26-28)

What is Linda Hamilton, Gillian Anderson , Robert Patrick & Carrie Fisher charging for autographs at this show.

Can you get a photo with them at their table with your own camera after purchasing an autograph.

Can't speak to $ for those guys but so far as photos it's a mixed bag. Generally they won't do posed photos (although some will) but I've found that most don't mind if you snap a shot of them signing whatever you've brought. I usually go to these things with a friend and they take some photos for me.

In some cases the handler will stop you. I imagine GA will be like that and maybe CF but I can't imagine those others will be bad.

This is the one thing that sucks. You have no idea what the guests are charging until you get to their tables. From last year, it seemed to be on a scale like this:
Free, $15, $20, $30 (most were at 30), $40, $50, $75.

I'm willing to dish out $100 on Stan this year for 2 autographs (I want to get an Avengers poster and a Spider-man statuette signed) as he turned 90 in December.

In a nutshell, it's just like this...

shut-up-and-take-my-money_zpsbfcee1fb.jpeg

Bring plenty of cash as those ATMs in the BMO go dry frequently throughout the weekend, along with long line-ups at them.

I can imagine that Gillian Anderson & Carrie Fisher won't allow you to take photos at their table.
The site should post photo op & autograph prices.

The smaller guests would probably allow photos with your own camera.

Can't speak to $ for those guys but so far as photos it's a mixed bag. Generally they won't do posed photos (although some will) but I've found that most don't mind if you snap a shot of them signing whatever you've brought. I usually go to these things with a friend and they take some photos for me.

In some cases the handler will stop you. I imagine GA will be like that and maybe CF but I can't imagine those others will be bad.

I can imagine that Gillian Anderson & Carrie Fisher won't allow you to take photos at their table.
The site should post photo op & autograph prices.

The smaller guests would probably allow photos with your own camera.

For those I have my friend wait at the side or a little back and snap some shots from a little distance. Not bad if they have a half decent lens. ;)

As a line handler in the past the general rule at CCEE is if the star has scheduled photo sessions then no photos with them at the booth...this includes will include Stan Lee, Carrie Fisher, JDR, the X-files group...they want you to buy the photo-op, $50-$100, and the buy the signature. The con makes more and the star makes more....

As a line handler in the past the general rule at CCEE is if the star has scheduled photo sessions then no photos with them at the booth...this includes will include Stan Lee, Carrie Fisher, JDR, the X-files group...they want you to buy the photo-op, $50-$100, and the buy the signature. The con makes more and the star makes more....

Yep. I've noticed though that in general the lower popularity guys (and even some of the bigger ones) don't mind an "action shot", ie: a shot of them signing. Posed photos are out of the question though for most. (A few are really good and do it anyway, I got Larry Hagman and Barbara Eden to pose with my Jeanie bottle)

Palpatine! Oh man, there's another $30-$50 out of my wallet...
Anyone have experience with Ian at other shows? Anyone know what he is charging?

Sounds like it's going to be quite the event! :thumbsup

Can't wait to find out who's in Toronto this year for Fan Expo.

You and me both! :thumbsup

Hrmmm, if Ian McDiarmid will be in Calgary this spring, I would like to hope and think that he will come to Fan Expo in August... [fingers crossed]

I heard that some guests from Dr. Who will be attending, but not sure who it will be as it was announced in a podcast. The official announcement will be tomorrow from the Expo organizers via Facebook.

I heard that some guests from Dr. Who will be attending, but not sure who it will be as it was announced in a podcast. The official announcement will be tomorrow from the Expo organizers via Facebook.

Last year Barrowman was at Fan Expo. Had HUGE lineups.

I'd love for Matt Smith to make a visit! Dream one right now is Tom Baker but I highly doubt he does much international travelling nowadays... :(

BSG's Gaius Baltar, James Callis announced today as a guest! Awesome, the BSG crew is always great to chat with.

There may be no Trekkers this year, but this is turning into one great guest list!

And I got to make sure I buy my ticket this week.

Kristanna Loken was added.
This show is insane.

I am going to start coming to Calgary instead of going to the Chicago Wizard World every year.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back