2 new (unseeable) PMs?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by DrStranglove, Sep 9, 2005.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

I have the flashing red msg onthe top of the screen that says I have 2 new pms. For the life of me though i can not see them at all. I even deleted a few to see if "space" came avalible for them to be shown. Whats up?

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

No, I did not delete anything I have not read. I agree that would be dumb. I did just get your latest one, and rep-lied. I still see 2 new ones flashing. Agggg...

3. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

Have you tried refreshing your screen, Doc? I often see this pop up myself, but it disappears when I hit <F5>.

4. amish

amish Sr Member

It happened to me, if someone sends you a pm with tracking and such, they can delete the pm before you read it. This causes you to have your invisible pm's.

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

yea, they are still there. I tried changing the skin and that did not work either. Also, you know there is nothing in the FAQ about how to change skinns? Took me about an hour to figure it out.

6. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

Yep...

still there

7. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

Yep, that's happening to me today as well...

8. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

OK.. There gone now... What did you do?

9. Bryancd

Bryancd Master Member

Me too :)

10. Scott

Scott New Member

I encountered a variant of this problem... the blinking icon told me I had two new PMs but only had one; when I read the one, I had none.

11. Scott

Scott New Member

I don't know why, but it's happening to me a lot today. It's happened about 10-15 times in the last two hours. I'll be looking at threads and suddenly I have a PM that doesn't exist...