Question Clicking on a bold thread (new posts) vs "Jump To New"

Bigturc

Sr Member
Sorry if it's already been asked, couldn't find anything with the forum search about "new" or "jump to new".

Since the new forum got online, I don't get why if I click on a thread with unread post I don't automatically go the the oldest new post? It takes me to the first post and then I have to click on the "Jump to New" button.

What am I missing?

Sorry if it's already been asked, couldn't find anything with the forum search about "new" or "jump to new".

Since the new forum got online, I don't get why if I click on a thread with unread post I don't automatically go the the oldest new post? It takes me to the first post and then I have to click on the "Jump to New" button.

What am I missing?
Clicking on the thread takes me to the first (oldest) new post and has been that way since we started using the new software. What browser are you using?

Google Chrome Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)

is it possible that if you never clicked on a forum, it just goes to the first post? By forum, I really mean forum, not thread. Here's an example:

I click this random limited run thread :
Limited Run - Star Lord Vol 2 - Big Effect Props FINAL RUN.
The URL appears as such:
"Limited Run - Star Lord Vol 2 - Big Effect Props FINAL RUN" (/unread)

It takes me to the first page, first post BUT I have the Jump to new button with this URL :
"Limited Run - Star Lord Vol 2 - Big Effect Props FINAL RUN" (/unread?new=1)

What is the diff internally between those 2?

NOTE I have no affiliation to this run :)

If you have never read the thread before it will go to the very first post in the thread. The exception to that is if you have marked the entire sub-forum as read (by clicking the "Mark Read" button at the top right of the thread listings page), in which case it will go to the first new post in the thread that was posted since you last marked the entire sub-forum as read.

There is no difference between the two unless you are in the thread and a new post has been made. If you just refresh the page it will not take you anywhere other than where you are, but clicking the "Jump to new" will take you to the first new post if any since you opened the thread.

Here's more details:

For a brand new thread with lots of posts (more than one page) or an old thread (that I had looked at before) but never on the new forum, clicking on the bold title in the forum view will ALWAYS take me to the first post. So I click, take me to the first post, go back, change forum, click again, always first post.

Then, if I click the "Jump to New" button, from that point forward, it will jump to whatever page I'm at.

So, again, new thread with 5 pages:

- First click, takes me to first post.
- Click again, takes me to first post.
- Click "Jump to New" takes me to oldest new post.
- From here, all is good.

d_jedi1 Glad I'm not crazy :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back