1993 Jurassic Park - Motorola Saber Walkie Talkie Prop - Looks Like new!

knoxie

Hi

After making the back to future walkie last year and the die hard one I decided to have a go at making the motorola saber as seen in the first J park movie, this time I used a resin printer and the results are absolutely great, I have posted 2 videos on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested, well worth a look.

Capture18.JPG

Design in CAD to scale.

rpf1.JPG

Radio has working lights, switches and plays clips from the movie.

IMG_20211123_215906.jpg

If you are interested pop on over and watch the videos, its turned out great I have to say.
Part-1

Part-2

Man, this is just awesome. Do you have any plans on sharing the CAD? Or better yet doing a run of these?

Hi, thanks for the kind words, I've no plans to release the cad files ATM and I don't think Motorola would be too happy about me making them to sell either, I might sneak a limited run on to Etsy at some point although there is a lot of work involved in them as you can see.

knoxie Thanks for the channel mention!

Loving the project! If you need any additional reference pictures/measurements, let me know.

I figured I'd share this here. It's a cleaned up and edited (music removed, sfx and filters added) rip of the radio dialog from the movie. I also was planning on making some prop Sabers (mold/cast in resin vs 3D print) with an audio board, but I don't think I'll have time now. I've been taking on too many projects. I might see if I can fit a little audio board in the screen-used one (without modifying it).

https://www.jurassicparkjeep.com/JP_Saber_Radio_Dialog.mp3

Attachments

• JP_Saber_Radio_Dialog.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 74

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back