Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter - Take 2

Julien, do you wait for the resin to fully cure before adding the next batch? Or do you add the next batch while the other is still tacky?

Joe

Ok, I was having trouble with a batch. Didn't matter if I added while tacky or cured it would still never fuse. It's common knowledge that it's added while tacky. Being as how I also use Smooth On and you had luck, it must have been a bad batch. Thanks!

Joe

Great job on the wing castings Julien!

I have a question regarding the armature that will be going inside.

What color is the armature inside supposed to be? Is it the 'raw' metal color or painted?

Ok, I was having trouble with a batch. Didn't matter if I added while tacky or cured it would still never fuse. It's common knowledge that it's added while tacky. Being as how I also use Smooth On and you had luck, it must have been a bad batch. Thanks!

Joe

Ive had similar problem with trial batch of Task 4, it never would fully cure or fuse. Later tried with a old batch of smooth cast 300, cured perfectly even at a uneven mixing ratio (trying to make it fail).

Julien this is looking so good!! Really inspiring me to get moving on mine. Everything is so clean. Looking forward to more updates.

Julien, this all looks so clean! Great job.

BTW, are you lighting this? If so will you be lighting the cockpit and the guns in front?

Do you know if the studio models had a lighted interior?

Mike.

Flawless job! I wish I can build 1 someday as great as yours!
Nah..think I'll just build the resin kit,wish I can build 1 casted from your master;)

Don

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back