$16 Proton Pack?? $15 Ghost Trap?? $12 Ecto Goggles?

MattgomeryBurns

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well this is absolutely insane. Most likely stripped down versions of the Spirit stuff, but a helluva cheap base to start modding.

I agree. What was the spirit pack, $70?

Yes, and even though it was 80% the size of the real prop, they did an amazing job of the detail, electronics for the price. The slave labour probably was the biggest reason they could get the price down that low. :D
Logistics, packaging, promotion all play a part in the cost, so I'm sure they really had to be efficient.

TazMan2000

I'm guessing these have absolutely no electronics, considering that there are no spaces for the PKE Meter's wings(?) to fit in the resting position. Honestly, it seems like a better (not to mention likely easier) deal to just buy the Walmart PKE Meter, as it already comes with electronics, is more accurately sized, and is only $10 more than the Entertainment Earth version. Same goes for the Ecto-Goggles, although you can still only get those at Spirit Halloween. As for the Proton Pack and Ghost Trap they're releasing? Let's just say that the fact that they haven't released photos of those leaves me extremely cautious. How good can a $15 Proton Pack be, especially comparing it to the other items in the line? Here's hoping it's better than the inflatable one, or even the $80 foam one that Rubie's released before the much better $70 one they have out now. :)

$15 Proton pack...haha

838ECEE2-AC08-429E-98BB-BAF05410E128.jpeg

Pre-order cancelled! :lol:

I was hoping the pack would be a plastic shell with some stickers on it... like, a downgraded version of the Spirit. But it's not even that! Now I'm concerned that the other bits and pieces have been scaled down to kids size, so I've cancelled all of them as well.

Who ya gonna call? YOUR LAWYER!

They should be embarrassed to put something like that out...even at 15 dollars. They at least could have made a real kids backpack with similar markings for a few dollars more.

TazMan2000

I was just wondering if anyone got the Ecto Goggles? The base in the picture looks more accurate than the spirit model, at least the tabs at the bottom of the extented area reach the outside of the "ears," all you would need to do is build up the front and top a little to make it perfect.

Pre-order cancelled! :lol:

I was hoping the pack would be a plastic shell with some stickers on it... like, a downgraded version of the Spirit. But it's not even that! Now I'm concerned that the other bits and pieces have been scaled down to kids size, so I've cancelled all of them as well.
I was worried about this as well when I first heard about these replicas. I managed to find one of the traps at a Target last October, and once I gave it a repaint, it looked okay! I ended up mounting it to a cheap R/C dune buggy base, and made an RTV out of it!

rtv.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back