1:48 Scale Y Wing

6.jpg

Nice job man, looks really good in primer!

if fine molds does a 1:48 version it will probably be a blown up 1:72 one.
Some of the parts on the 1:72 kit look like blocks and pipes etc. but are not even close to the real parts.
I prefere what you did on this built,scaled down real kit parts that are slightly different but none the less real kit parts.
To me they just look better than scratched versions.
I hope you'll make this into a kit!
I would love to own one.

Can't wait to see this bird all finished and painted.

OK thanks! I wonder if anyone has made the "new plated" version?

F-toys (a japanese company that apparently works with Finemolds for the series) made a candy toy of it in their awesome 1:144 line of Star Wars candy toys.

a20792a12b809f27796e38_m.jpg

But that's based on a design from the 90's (I think). Lucasfilm made an official y-wing with armor plating for the clonewars cartoon. Personally I prefer the older concept, but honestly I think something somewhere in between the two would be my ideal version of an armored y-wing...

20080403_2_bg.jpg

Nice job man, looks really good in primer!

if fine molds does a 1:48 version it will probably be a blown up 1:72 one.
Some of the parts on the 1:72 kit look like blocks and pipes etc. but are not even close to the real parts.
I prefere what you did on this built,scaled down real kit parts that are slightly different but none the less real kit parts.
To me they just look better than scratched versions.
I hope you'll make this into a kit!
I would love to own one.

Can't wait to see this bird all finished and painted.
There weren't too many 'found' parts - the majority of the details are tiny bits of evergreen plastic. I even had to fabricate rivets...

I'm thinking of making this into a kit. I wonder if there is any interest in this. This will be my second release. The studio scale Tie Bomber (you can see it at modelermagic.com - just scroll down the menu on the right to dcristian models) was my first release.

I´m really REALLY interested in buying this as a kit, but I´d need two or three months to save up for it. When would you start selling? I´d also like to know a price first but I guess it´s hard to say at this stage.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back